We booked this hotel as it was only 15 minute’s drive from the airport, we needed something that was in the middle of Marbella and Malaga and I thought why not, I have never been to this area.
Can I point out I am going to be as honest as possible and I will put the fact I was robbed behind me.. On that point seriously you do have to be aware, I was robbed at 9pm in a crowded square and when I chased the robber no one helped !!
There is also a lot of escorts plying there trade and offering drugs, from what I hear there is a real problem with escorts and I even witnessed a fight from a guy who bought some fake drugs from someone..
Seriously guys and girls, be careful !!
Also, the previous reviews about this being dense with gay people is very true, they have no issues with engaging in public !!
The location of the hotel is good, it’s 10 minutes walk to the beach and 5 minutes in most directions to bars, supermarkets etc.
The rooms very clean however they were basic (think of a travel lodge) there was a fridge but no kettle or tea/coffee facilities. Power shower was good.
Public Areas + Pool
When I pulled up outside the hotel I was think, opps what have I done, it’s a bright yellow high rise, that said internally the lobby and public areas are modern, clean and cool temperature wise. There are 2 bar areas, one closes at 11ish and the other about 1. The pool area was clean and tidy, the pool itself was excellent even though it was cold. It is a 3 metre depth pool.
The staff are my only main issue, if you don’t speak any Spanish your stay could be quite difficult, especially in the bar – ordering a drinks and a bar snack if very difficult, I overheard a few All Inclusive customers complain that the bar only gave them half pints oppose to full pints. Some of the staff are moody and when I tried to order food it felt like he was doing me a favour.
If you are not going AI don’t buy to many drinks, there is a supermarket that is directly across the road so go and buy your beers there and drink them by the pool.
I will say, the hotel seems to be fine with escorts touting for their business in the hotel bar, I asked the receptionist why they allowed them in and she replied they are no hassle !!
You can park under the hotel for 15 Euros a day, a little steep in my eyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Onthebeach, getaroom.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain