The hotel is adequate. The rooms are functional and clean, you can sleep on the beds and the ablutions work. Beyond this there is nothing that I liked about the place.
I am at pains to be accurate, which one the hand leads me to telling you this hotel is a terrible dump and yet on the other I have to admit that it isn’t. The reasons I didn’t like it are mostly down to me being a snob. So if you are even vaguely a snob you are unlikely to enjoy this place.
Firstly, the food tastes like nan’s cooking. I was all-inclusive but ate almost every meal in the restaurants outside the hotel. To be fair to the catering department, there was a mound of fodder available that the hordes were shoveling into their gobs at a vicious pace. They appeared to be enjoying the grub but God only knows how!
The ground floor pool is nice but almost impossible to get a lounger, or even any space to lie down at busy periods, unless you fortify the perimeter with a Maginot Line the previous evening. There are an advertised 398 double rooms in this hotel. I would estimate there are about 80 loungers. So at peak capacity, you have only a 10% chance of getting to enjoy one. There is a roof terrace pool but it is has less space and you are 8 floors away from the bar.
If you are staying on an all-inclusive basis, the drinks are served in 200ml cups. So is the water! You are going to wear the soles of your feet out going backwards and forwards to the bar for your miserly 200ml of hydration. If you pay-on-the-day for drinks you get served in larger glasses. In both cases the drinks are paid for but you get treated poorly if you gave your money to them weeks or months in advance. I couldn’t understand the customer service benefit in this.
There were other things that irritated me about the place but I’ll stop ranting. This hotel didn’t appeal because I am used to better at home and expect more when on holiday. But I could tell the masses loved it and so Gran Hotel Cervantes must be doing something right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain