Just returned from The Gran Hotel Cervantes. Stayed for a week in May 2013 and was very pleased with the hotel and food. We were on the all inclusive option and to be honest don't know how the hotel makes any money. Great value holiday close by all transport links and amenities For our money we had the following;
A lovely spacious clean room with a nice balcony and well appointed bathroom. The shower was particularly nice, powerful with plenty of hot water, very refreshing after a long day in the sun.
Rooms made up daily and clean towels provided if required. Asked for extra pillow and was given 2 extra - no problem. Bed on the firm side but good quality not at all saggy which only encourage bad backs. Beds lovely and clean.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner all very well presented. All food types catered for. Breakfast incl - cereals, muesli, fruit, breads, pastries, bacon, sausages, eggs, crepes, churros, beans, tomatoes, hams, cheese, yogurts, tea, coffee, fruit juice. Not sure if there would be anything else one would wish for their breakfast. They had it all covered.
Lunch incl (all made an appearance in different variations everyday) grilled fish and grilled meats to order, paella rice, pasta and sauce, vegetables, chips, fish in sauce, meats in sauce/gravy, sausages, burgers, escalopes, potatoes, cold meats, cheeses, cold salad selection, breads, soups, gazpacho, fruits, ice cream, cakes, custards, creamed rice,
Dinner incl - mainly as above but also included a lovely array of shellfish platters, beautiful king prawns and mussels.
At both Dinner and lunch you help yourself to soft drinks, San Miguel, sangria or wine by the glass or bottle (red, white and rose), unlimited.
It is true that during the day all inclusive drinks are served in plastic cups however this I imagine would be for safety purposes as children and adults walking around barefooted by the poolside. Better safe than sorry. After dinner drinks are served in glasses, there are queues at the bar though. It is also true that some of the bar staff are not very happy looking however, I suppose they have a thankless job serving drinks continually to some (not all) drunken british tourists.
The entertainment was limited to Friday and Saturday and was mainly older style dancing however this did not stop others joining in. I expect it will be more frequent in high season.
In my opinion a sense of humour is required on any holiday, some people really need to lighten up and stop looking for things to complain about, perhaps this is their idea of the perfect holiday, COMPLAINING about everything. The hotel staff cannot be responsible for tourists attitude problems but they put up with it on a daily basis. If you want british food my suggestion would be to stay in Britain. Oops - then it wouldn't be so cheap And you don't get the weather.
As for stags and hens - these stags and hens usually book off season when hotels are quieter and not busy with families. They too need to enjoy their holiday and pay the same money as everyone else. Personally I found they provided some funny moments of my holiday and livened the place up for a few days. I think they would expect most children to be in school or nursery at this time too. Despite this I do agree that there are acceptable and unacceptable levels of behaviour, and people of both sexes should respect that there are other people around them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Onthebeach, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain