Stayed with my girlfriend for a week. Had read all the reviews and I guess it was one of those - 'You have to witness it yourself rather than rely on some of the crap you read on here!'
The people complaining about the food are those I'd consider 'Un-adventurous.' There is plenty of food combos for all. From Salad, fish, meat, paellas, to 'kids food' - Burgers, chips, pizza, etc.... It seems the minority who didn't like the food on offer were the ones that didn't want to 'Open up a new world' and 'Push the boat out' and try the selections on offer, instead they opted to moan because they loaded their plates with Pizza and chips every night! Besides that, the food is well prepared, clean and readily available in a buffet style.
If you're not one to be up for breakfast (served between 7-10am) then don't get your hopes up at the "Continental Breakfast" Served from 11pm. It's not great and selection poor, with only a few croissants and slices of bread and cheese to choose from. The hotel lay on a themed night on serveral occasions during the week, with Saturday being Italian night, Tuesday - Asian night and Thurs - Mexican night. Parts of the buffet reflect the particular night in question. So again, people saying the food is the same every night are merely chatting from their 'behinds!'
So, the rest of the hotel is Big, Clean and Modern. Apart from some of the rooms being smaller than others, I can't honestly fault our stay but can understand where others disagree. The beds are hard! Not a problem for me but seems as though a lot of people complain about the same thing. The pillows are so small and thin they're almost non-existent, so we asked reception for extra and by the next morning we had them. There is a fridge in the room which is handy. We went in May so it wasn't too bad with how busy the hotel was but I can fully understand that during peak times the x2 swimming pools and bar service can be very limited.
All-in-all the hotel is great value for money (if on an all-inclusive) and is situated in a great location.
Also like how others expect the Ritz because it's classed as a 4**** Hotel. A 4**** Hotel only is given that rating if it has certain facilities and doesn't reflect the overall state of them. This Hotel falls into that category of having the desired facilities but not neccessarily in the standard they expect to use them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain