Just returned from 4 Nights at the Gran Hotel Cervantes with my friend for a girl break. We arrived on the Wed and left on the Sunday. The Wed night was very peaceful and the hotel is nice for what we paid for it. We paid £270 all inclusive including flights from Glasgow and i have paid more and had far less on previous holidays.
The bar area was quiet and it was easy to get a drink. You have a choice of local spiris, several cocktails which are not the best but OK and local wine and beer. The bar staff were friendly enough.
There was not too much noise on the Wed evening when we returned to the hotel at 2:30 am in the morning so we slept well. The hotel room faced the main square and was very spacious, this also caught the sun in the evening so it was nice to sit on the balcony in the evening.
From the Thurday to the Sat a lot of Hen , stag and birthday party groups arrived. Some of whom were loud and rude. Bars and resuarants were busy and you had to queue to be served. For the amount of people ,there was definately not enough staff on hand., some of the staff in the restaurant could not speak any English so i eventually gave up trying to get some information from them.
We could hear the groups arriving at the hotel in the early hours as they were rather noisy after their nights out.
I imagine in the heigh of the summer this hotel will be full of hen and stag parties due to it's location and cheap flights to the Costa Del Sol. This may suit depending on what you are looking for.
At the busy times you could not get a bed at the pool.
Beach is a 10 min walk away and very clean and nice, you can go down the stairs and browse the stalls and shops or walk down the main road. There isn't much to do in Torremolinos, few bars but that's about the extent of the nightlife.
Restaurants reasonably priced and drinks €5 approx for Local spirit with mixer €6 for a decent cocktail, €6 for cider so pretty much the same as most standard spanish resorts.
All in all we had a good time but not much to do in the resort and too may groups of hen/stag partioes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain