We'd stayed here on half board before but this time chose bed and breakfast. Pricing was very competitive for what the hotel offers. We were able to park our hire car nearby on the street. (The guys with tickets work for a charity for disabled people. They issue a ticket for a euro. It's legitimate).
We checked in around lunch and already there were two queues for rooms. This was handled efficiently. The room was fine, as was the bathroom although a bathmat on the slippery floor would have been helpful and towels were rather thin.
Breakfast was varied in both quality and variety. You need to choose the time both for the busy lifts and to get a table, even though this is a large hotel.
I enjoyed relaxing on the quieter rooftop sun terrace where there's also a covered pool and some fitness machines. There's a sauna which is available in the evening. The large seating area adjacent to reception is usually almost empty during the day and is comfortable and peaceful. The hotel charges for Wi-Fi but I found an unsecured network that worked fine for me. Check your list of available Wi-Fi.
Many people choose all-inclusive so there are always queues for the bar, but step outside the hotel and you are surrounded by a huge variety of bars and restaurants.
A clean, competitively priced hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Gran Cervantes is located in the commercial leisure centre of Torremolinos with sea views and only 800 meters to the beach. It is located 7 km from the Airport and only 300m from the train station. It offers good transport connections and can be easily accessed. The hotel has been recently renovated and has a total of 398 rooms which are comfortably equipped and all are adapted for every type of client, business client, individual or for family. There are gardens, a swimming pool area for adults and children; Solarium, Gym, sauna and indoor pool heated during winter. Miniclub in high season, Laundry service, Room service, Garage, Free wifi in the lobby. Restaurant Buffet, Lobby Bar, Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervantes Hotel Torremolinos
- Gran Cervantes By Blue Sea Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain