“Jurrasic Park!!”

Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Crewe
“Jurrasic Park!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Spain won the world cup and i say,VIVA ESPANIA, but there's one little corner of this Beautiful country that has a serious blight on it.Thats the hotel Cervantes, or the place that time forgot. On the reception is a Dinosaur.Well a few really mainly one called Piri,I asked for her name(Anyone out there speak spanish?I dread to think what it means!!)I had quite a serious accident by the pool area.No hotel lifeguard,no first aider and no first aid box!.A piece of cloth was thrown over my leg and I was carted of to hospital.
An ambulance brought me back to the hotel on a stretcher.The ambulance man asked for a wheelchair they refused!,sayingthey they didnot have one(Yet I was taken out on one!).Totally ignoring me and offering no help whatsoever.The ambulance man and my partner struggled to seventh floor.
They refused me a tray of food,which with hindsight was no great loss.Beware if you are planning a stay at this,Prehistoric hotel all human life there is extinct.Only monsters on the reception and,Cave likea attitudes.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank robleeds63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2010

On arrival at the reception desk we could not believe the way our party (of which there were 13 of us) were so ill treated by a certain member of staff,she was a middle aged woman (which sounds like the same woman in other reviews people have talked about)
they completely messed up our booking,could not fault the hotel,rooms were fine,cleaners were excellent,food was ok if you were spanish,my only gripe would be there was not enough sunbeds and to top everything off one member of our party was seriously injured by the pool and had to be taken to hospital,on return to the hotel from the hospital we asked the same woman at the reception for a wheelchair.to our amazement we could not believe it when she said they did not have one when a few hours earlier we used the hotels own wheelchair to take the patient out of the hotel,as you can guess we shall not be staying at tthis hotel until that "WITCH" flys off on her broomstick

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cityblue077
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2010

room first clas ,for the first time a really soft pillow. staff very friendly and helpful. lots of english books to read. Dining room first class. Plates of prawns, smoked salmon, and the fish freshly cooked by a charming chef. Cleanliness everywhere.
I went away for a week and as the Aer Lingus flight was 23.45 asked if when I returned to Torremolinos I could put my luggage there for the day, Sergio the Customs relations manager said of course and it went exceptionally well. It is a quiet hotel near the shops and it is very well managed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Torremolinos hotels

Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I´m here seven nights stay. Food (Halfboard) was excellent and good selection .
Rooms are clean and large. The staff is helpful. I recommend this hotel. Very easy transfer from airport. Train station is about 150 m from the hotel and train ticket costs 1,35 euros.
The hotel is located in the center of Torremolinos and just a few minutes from the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
county tyrone
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Stayed here 20-27 June. Having read previous reviews.I was wary of what to expect.However I should not have worried.Reception was a little slow but not awkardly so.We had booked sea view and had agreat panorama of Meditteranean.Room was good size and good power shower in bathroom.Booked half board and found good selection a t breakfast and dinner,show cooking each night most satisfying .General amenities of hotel of a high standard.Most importantly hotel is in an excellent location for all that Torremolinos has to offer.Lift to beach 100 metres.Taxi rank at main doorway.Bus station and train station only 150 metres away for travel further afield.I would reccomend using public transport to get around,much cheaper and more efficient than at home and there are lots to see and do.Overall a good hotel at fair price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tyronetraveller024
Devon
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed at the hotel with 9 other friends and mostly found it to be a pleasant experience.
The hotel is large. The two swimming pools were great, one on the roof top.
The location is really good and central to the main streets/beach and so on.
The food was nice and varied.

We has a corner room and so the balcony gave wonderful views. The rooms were clean and tidy. Sadly, no tea making facilities and the beds were not that comfortable (a little hard) but other than that, not bad at all.

The only fly in the ointment was the shocking level of service and lack of professionalism displayed by some of the staff.

I had the misfortune to hurt my foot while staying at the hotel and went to reception to ask for an elasticated bandage. They were only able to offer me a plaster !
I hoobled back to my room in pain and phoned the reception to enquire again.
About an hour later someone was sent to the room with some lint gauze.
I phoned the reception again, where I was told they had nothing suitable in the hotel's first aid box (the hotel serves hundred of people !)
Eventually after much complaining by myself someone was sent to the chemist to buy one and it arrived 2 hours after my original enquiry.
I was shocked at the lack of basic medical supplies in such a huge hotel.

Not however, as shocked as I was by the attitude of the middle aged woman on reception as we checked out.
We has booked one room for an extra night to give us somewhere to go for showers and so on.
The woman, described by my friend in an earlier review as the reception witch, was SO unbelievably rude it took our breath away.
She accused us of not having paid for the room on the last day.
The fact that we had a receipt did not stop her raising her voice and shouting above our protests. We were made to feel like theives or con merchants.
Has she been wearing a name tag (strangely she wasn't), I would have written to boss asking for an apology.
The trip itself was great fun. It is such a shame that this awful woman ruined what had been a pleasant experience. We were left with a bad tatse in our mouths and drove in silence to the airport.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tankacz
Bideford
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights with 9 other friends and generally really pleased with location, rooms, food and most of the staff, but as we checked out, an elderly female member of staff on the checkout was so unbelieveably rude to us that it put a dampener on an otherwise great weekend. We had booked one of our rooms for an extra night, just so that we could leave our baggage and have a shower before we left at 10pm. (checkout is 12noon) The female in question, who was not wearing any i.d. screamed at us, accusing us of not paying for the extra time (which we obviously had, 64 euros actually) I have never encountered such a rude member of staff anywhere, and we did not get any kind of an apology from her. The gentleman next to her on reception looked extremely embarrassed. I would recommend this hotel, but I hope you don't run into the reception witch.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends