Very nice Hotel, Cosy Traditional Spanish hotel in nice location,Beautiful Gardens Lots of pools,
We only used the pool at the Don Pedro which is a salt water pool,Itis nice and quite at that end of the Sol Don Complex,Rooms & Hotel,Grounds & pool area is Spotless, close to resort centre
with lots of shops,Restraunts Bars,Hotels etc,
Transfer from Airport to hotel & hotel to airport on return journey was complementry of hotel,Was met by very plesant bus driver and taken direct to the hotel,But I cant say the same for the Taxi Driver that took us back to airport,He WAS RUDEST PERSON Ive ever encountered, First the hotel said there was a bus collecting us But they didnt know if it was collecting us at Hotel Or down the road at the Bus Stop,Which was rediculious as if we waited at hotel then obbviously we would miss it if it only stopped at the bus stop down the Road, So I decided we would head down to the bus stop and hoped we would see it if it turned up for hotel,We were there aprox 5 minuets when a taxi Pulled up for us that had been sent by hotel,he had 2 other passengers from another hotel,possibly don marco or don peblo,he went wild when he saw our suit case and shouting and pointing into the booth of car asking where he was going to put it then roughly handled the other passengers luggage, i taught my god if theres anything breakable in their cases its definetly broken now, Then he drove to airport like a maniac and never spoke a word,Hurled us out and the two other people were looking at us throwing their eves to the sky and said that man was the most insulting they had ever met,So maby the management of the Hotel should have a look at this man and decide if in the current financial climate they want this man to be the first person to Greet their guests,Possibly that is why he is only hire for guests that are Departing the hotel, He was an elderly gentleman driving a mercidies and it ws 9.15am on Tuesday 28th Augus twhen he picked us up, This might help hotel identifie him and possibly have a word explaining to him he can not treat their guests in that fashion.
Brekfast was the usual fare,Buffet style & show cooking,we didnt have dinner at hotel as we felt 21 euro each was too expensive, as you could get a nice 3 course dinner out for aprox 12 euro,
Theres a restraunt not far from the hotel id recommend, "The Tudor Rose" nice food there at very reasonable prices,and the first night you eat there they give you a 10%discount card for future visits,
I shall be returning to Torremolinos again and shall definetly stay at Don Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Melia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain