This is one of three hotels called the Sol Dons, that share lovely gardens and extensive facilities just a very short walk to the great beach with a wide/clean promenade. Our room on the 1st floor was somewhat 'compact', but was clean with comfortable beds, slightly noisy air-conditioner, and had a balcony overlooking one of the nicer outdoor swimming pools that was pleasant enough to swim in at the beginning of October. They had live entertainment every evening for those who enjoy this, and an abundance of comfortable lounges that are shared with guests from all three hotels. Free WiFi is provided in the bar/lounge or you can use either of the 2PCs at 50c for 5 mins - familiarise yourself with their keyboards before you insert your money! There was a good variety of hot as well as cold food every evening but one of the waitresses demanded immediate payment for the drinks you ordered so be prepared! Breakfasts were OK with something for most guests. We enjoyed our week at the hotel and can recommend it without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Don Pedro by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain