“Good 3 hotel complex”

Sol Don Pedro by Melia
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A surprisingly good hotel 2 other hotels in this complex.You can use all hotel fascilites inc a choice of happy hours in the various bars.We stayed 4 nights but only had breakfast and dinner last day both good choice and good value.But with a lot of good tapas in the area only so much you can eat.Room on third floor not huge but clean and sea view got to agree about very hard beds.Staff were fantastic.Teresas bar near pedro front entrance is worth a drink in the sun and mark was very welcoming. A good clean hotel with great staff.The lift up to the town is up steps in front of ship inn.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking pool but may be noisy in summer
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you very much for your review rutland-7. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Sol Don Hotels complex. I hope that we see you again in the future in one of the three hotels in the complex.
Thanks again.
Jaime Floyer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed for one night after arriving on a late flight into Malaga, arrived at hotel one hour after actual landing. Staff very helpful and friendly, room clean and everything worked well. Breakfast very busy but well organised, and good choice of food, and all fresh.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulM47
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Patrick Anthony M,
Thank you very much for your repeat custom. We are so happy that you continue to be so content at the Don Pedro and we will do everything we can to ensure that you are happy coming back for many years.
We really appreciate you taking the time to write up your report. We look forward to May 2014!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Best hotel in Spain. First class hotel in all aspects. We honestly could not find
fault with any aspect of the Sol Don Pedro. Our only regret is that we could not
stay longer! Third occasion staying here, and we are booked to stay again in May of 2014. No more surfing for other accomodation in Torremilinos. This is the real deal!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Patrick Anthony M

Dear Peter H,
We can't wait to have you back! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Don Pedro and to tell everyone how much you enjoyed the hotel, the service, the location and your holiday in general.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was our second stay at Don Pedro having been there for last New Year. We had booked a pool room and asked for a high floor. Manolo gave us room 485 which he said had good view of the sea ( which it did) but he said we could move to another room on same floor where the view was not quite so good but had a little more sun. We stayed where we were but we were impressed we got a choice. Room and balcony a bit old fashioned but as good as most other hotels with all the usual facilities. There are two restaurants you can use and again it is good to have a choice and we thought the variety of food was fantastic. Most nights we felt spoilt for choice. Plenty of different bars to have a drink with happy hours at different ones between 5 and 7 ( worked out well for football on Sunday in large Tv area). Drinks are a little expensive as are most hotels but there are some cheaper bars nearby. We love the location as you are straight on to a lovely promenade which goes for miles in each direction. We can't wait to come back!

3  Thank Peter H
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Pedro by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Peter H,
Thanks for coming back to the Sol Don Pedro. I am glad to see that we didn't disappoint.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just back from a lovely 4 days in this hotel. We had a ground floor room overlooking one of the many pools. The room was ideal and included a fridge ideal for drinks as the only down side was the cost of drinks a jug of Sangria averaged at 7 euros in the many bars around but over 15 euros in the complex. The buffet breakfast was varied and even had bucks fizz. The complex is large and has three hotels on site all interconnected allowing guests to use the facilities and entertainment. The entrrtainment board is in reception and there is something going on all day. We found a lovely little adults only pool area ideal sun trap

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lindadennis,
First of all, thanks for choosing the Sol Don Pedro for your break. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel, facilities and entertainment team so much. It is really satisfying to us to see that our guests make the most of the variety of options that are available in the complex: one minute taking part in the entertainment programme and the next finding a quiet corner away from the crowd for some R&R.
Thanks for writing up your experience of Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed for first week of Oct. on a half board basis. We arrived late (10 pm) but a selection of dinner items were kept for us to eat in the restaurant I had read about the waiting time for lifts in previous posts so on check in asked for 1st or second floor so I could manage the stairs if needed, also I wanted it to be overlooking the entertainment . There was non available so took 605 and was asked to check in morning for lower floor. The room was fine and big and was fitted out in a modern style with small 19’’ LCD TV and nice bed and a bath with shower in a good sized bathroom. Next morning the helpful receptionist gave us 118 which had a walk in shower and had been refurbished this year. The reception staff were all very helpful as I have found in all the Sol hotels.
The meals were good and dinner choice seemed better on the first 3 days than on the following 4. Five months earlier we stayed at the Sol Aloha Puerto on the other side of Torromolinos and I would put the food there as superior with a wider choice and slightly hotter. The Don Pedro breakfast had some good points one was having tea pots which the Aloha did not. The orange juice was of a poor quality there was a diabetic option on a table ( I do praise the hotel for these sugar free items option) but this was not much better. Eggs were cooked fresh every morning on a flat hotplate not a pan so ask for easy over if you don’t like very runny ones.
I found the entrainment at night to be very good and it attracted large crowds from all three hotels. There is a selection of pools in the gardens with plenty of beds on different levels to sunbath on and also two synthetic outdoor bowls pitches at the side of the hotel.
This is a good hotel and if the few minor items in the restaurant were attended too I would give it five stars. Thanks to all the cheerful and helpful staff in the hotel who made our stay most pleasant

1  Thank TangoDublin

Dear TangoDublin,
Thank you for your informative review. It is much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Sol Don Hotels complex and I hope that we might see you again in the future.
Jaime Floyer.
p.s. I see that you actually stayed in the Sol Don Pablo which is one of the other 2 hotels in the complex (because the Don Pedro does not have a 6th floor) but all the facilites are shared anyway. Thanks again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just back from our 2nd visit this year at Don Pedro 15/10 - 25/10. We had a standard room in April & decided to book a superior room this time. Booked through melia.com and got a good price. Flew from Dublin with Aer Lingus & got the train outside airport to Torremolinas, 4 stops €1.70 each & 10 minutes. It took us less than 15 minutes to walk downhill to the hotel, or you could get a taxi outside train station. Arrived around mid-day. Check-in was very slow. I had e-mailed a week before for a room on the top floor (4th floor) if possible and got a reply they would do their best but no guarantees, which was fine. We were given room 283. I asked about a room on the top floor and mentioned the e-mail which she knew nothing about and she checked something and said yes tomorrow we have a room on the top floor. Great, we did not unpack and the next morning 1st thing we went to reception to be told by a man this time no not possible to day, he waived a piece of printed paper in front of me but for sure tomorrow. I persuaded my wife not to unpack again even though her clothes were in creases. Next morning 1st thing down to reception again, guess what no not to-day, she checked her screen, yes tomorrow we will have a room for you. I need not tell you my patience was gone at this stage and I said no thanks and walked away. If this is called doing their best I would hate to see their worst, and this is not even the high season. I was in Marjorca in August this year, there were 8 of us. I requested 3 rooms together on the top floor. When we arrived, reception immediately apologised and said they had only 2 rooms together on the top floor and 1 room on the ground floor beside pool. She said she would have a room the next day on the top floor, which she had, and this was in the high season! I do not know what room allocation system they use in the Don Pedro but it does not work. Now that I have that off my chest the rest of the staff were great, all friendly and smiling. The animation team were fantastic,great games during the day and great shows at night. Restaurant was pretty good, you would always find something you would like. We will not be going back to the Don Pedro next year because of reception but may try Don Pablo instead.

Room Tip: Don't believe what they tell you at reception.
3  Thank Libertyboy

Dear Libertyboy,
Thank you for choosing the Sol Don Pedro again for your holidays. I am so sorry that you had such trouble in Reception and I really hope that it will not put you off coming again. It is not unusual when we are full (and we were full despite it not being high season) that we cannot assign the perfect room from the first day but we always try and offer an option for the following day. That you were not given what you had been offered the next day is not right; and that the same problem should have repeated itself is not acceptable. I apologise sincerely. I would really appreciate it if you would contact me directly before a future visit so that I can ensure that you are properly looked after.
I know that this was only one element of your holiday and I am delighted to see that you were so well treated by the rest of the staff and that you didn't allow this to ruin your trip.
Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and thank you for continuing to choose the Don Pedro.
Kind regards