Very impressive lobby and downstairs area in old style. The fact you can also get to hotels Pedro and Marco by inside corridors leaves a masive space with little reading rooms, bars, computer rooms etc. Bedrooms are average size and average in most ways but kept very well by friendly efficient staff. We were on the sunny side and it was nice - don't know what the other side is like. Good entertainment at night in two centers. Plenty of live music for dancing and sometimes 'shows' in one centre. We especially enjoyed the Flaminco show - away above the average standard for hotel entertainment. We did not play bowles but seemed a major draw for many. In November they just used one dining room - a large one seating 300/400. Meals in buffet style. A bit daunting on first night but we soon settled in to where to find things. And there was plenty to find. Some wonderful food. I especially enjoyed the fish selection but there was plenty of pork, chicken turkey and beef. Good selection for breakfast also.
Swimming was a problem. I know it was November but the outdoor pools seemed very small for the number in hotels and all unusable in winter. Indoor pool is a small circular one with half over 2 m deep and the other half about 1.7 m. Only way to find the division was trial and error - not wise for non swimmer. Why do we need 2m in such a small area. Also some swim around the circle some diagonaly accross just like figure of 8 in stock car racing -' he who dares wins'. There are no other facilities in pool room. Jacuzzi was outside but not working.
Then the SPA - this is terrible - the worst I have ever seen = staff horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sol Don Pedro by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain