Recently returned home from a week staying here with the family, ranging in ages from 2 to 65!
We all had a very good time, the hotel has a lot to offer, countless swimming pools (one indoor which came in handy when it rained) jacuzzi's, disco's, free wifi (in the lounge) and football on the tele in the bar! All the staff were very friendly.
The cleaners were out in force every day so cleanliness of any part of the hotel was never an issue.
The food was good, always a wide variety covering the needs of any of the nationalities of people who stay there (of which there are a lot!) and whichever country has donuts for breakfast, i thank you as that was a good part of my diet during our stay!
Don't be overawed by the high rise hotel block of one of the sister hotels which shares amenities as it never felt busy, whether that be at dinner time or by the pool.
We would definitely stay again as would everyone else on our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Don Pedro by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain