We just spent a week at Sol Don Pedro, we didn't pick the hotel specifically, but the package price of the trip was way too cheap to pass up.
As many of the reviews mention it does cater to an older crowd- however that is really helpful if you don't want to be awoken in the middle of the night, so there is an upside to everything.
The hotel it self is a bit of a throw back to the 70's, but it's clean, and comfortable, and more than a solid tourist class hotel. The rooms were quaint- and everything in the room was comfortable- but not lux, (if you're on honeymoon this place may not be for you).
We didn't really have any negative experiences- but we didn't really have any expectations either, (if you have read any of our past reviews you sort of get the idea that we grab a centrally located hotel and then tour the area a lot, using the hotel just as a place to sleep).
The staff were friendly enough, they had even emailed day trip ideas to us prior to our arrival. There were no hidden costs regarding the room, and check in and out were pretty routine.
The buffets in the morning and evening were solid, but not gourmet. They had everything from pizza to paella, pretty much standard fair. More than filling- but far from the best food we've ever eaten.
The surrounding area was covered in tourist stores, and beach eateries- everything was well within walking distance- and the beach was a quick minute walk away.
The bottom line is that it's a good place to base your trips from, to the southern part of Spain, Morocco and else where. If you're not staying tied to the resort the entire week this is a good deal- but if you're a resort junkie- you could probably do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Pedro, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), together with the Sol Don Pablo and Sol Don Marco forms part of the Don Hotels Complex. Is the perfect choice for family or friends, the new rooms (refurbish in 2016) are decorated in a modern and functional style with views over the mountain, gardens and swimming pool. Floating wood floors have been installed in all of them, they have new wardrobes, beds and bedclothes, curtains, mattresses, a giant 43-inch flat screen TV with satellite channels and air conditioning and heating systems. New windows have been installed with insulating glass to keep out noise. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi, a Safe (*) and a minibar (On request) (*), desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, and full equipped bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bath with shower or walk-in shower (subject to availability). Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, for adults and children (5-12 years old). Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Private and public parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the Torremolinos center and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Melia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Don Pedro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pedro Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pedro Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain