“back again”

Hotel Boutique El Tiburon
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 24 August 2011

we dont pay for luxury and dont expect it tiburon clean basic no frills we have stayed here at least 6 times we find it freindly...we were there in july going back sept .... it suits us and many others if you read reveiws if you want luxury pay the price or stay in your own home location of tib brill mins from town and beach resturants ect.... when we get back from beach we allways enjoy a drink in tib bar the prices are very good for drinks snacks food cant understand bad reveiws about not clean old tatty in places but def clean

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fussyme

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Anyone who has rated this hotel "excellent", "above average", or even "average" must live in squalor or paid no more than £10 a night for this GROTTY hotel!

I'm 20 and am quite used to staying in sub-standard hotels where the location of the nearest bar is more important than the accommodation - but this hotel was something else! I booked this hotel as a joint present for Mum and Dad (aged 40 & 42) and both my sister and I went too (aged 17 & 20). I paid over £500 per person for this holiday for 6 nights, self-catering, two rooms both with balcony, which after reading the "good" reviews and considering I was booking for mid-August, I thought the price was reasonable.

On arrival at the hotel we were met by a member of the miserable team of staff, little conversation was made throughout check-in, we were given our room key cards and left to get on with it and find our rooms on the third floor. We discovered our rooms were at opposite ends and corners of the floor, which was a little disappointing and slightly inconvenient but not the end of the world. We had paid for both rooms with balcony but only got one room with balcony.... the other room had one window, with an opening no wider than 30cm. We complained to the hotel reception but (to my surprise!) were unable to help as they were fully booked (I fail to understand why!) and we would have to take it up with the travel agent. Both rooms were "equipped" with a ceiling fan that rotated no faster than a Ferris wheel (honestly, not an exaggeration!).

So... we found ourselves with no aircon, half a fan and a tiny window on the top floor in mid-August. You could not dry yourself after a shower, it was impossible to sleep and found it difficult to even breathe some nights in the cupboards they call hotel rooms!

The "cleaners" did come in once a day, not too sure what they cleaned... the bed sheets WERE NOT CHANGED AT ALL throughout our stay, combined with the amount of perspiration going on throughout the night... the rest can be left to imagination! Towels which were clearly dirty (yes, we left them on the floor for a reason!) were hung back up for our re-use... NICE! We made yet another visit to reception with the towels and eventually got some clean ones. So yes, the hotel may look clean on first glance, but don't be fooled. Walls in the bathroom had urine stains/splashes, dressing table and other surfaces were sticky and dirt from the floor was evidently swept under the bed.

The shower doesn't know if it's coming or going, either too hot or too cold and walls are paper thin.

I'm a true believer that it's not the hotel that makes the holiday and it's just a place where you sleep and believe, this was JUST a place to sleep... or at least attempt to! But the fact that I paid over £2,000 for this hell hole makes me sick to my stomach! The majority of the staff (including owners and management) are rude, miserable and lifeless - good characteristics for business people right?!

Torremolinos itself is very classy and the ONLY thing this hotel has going for it is its 30 second walk to the beach.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT spend your hard earned cash here... I feel completely robbed of best part of £2,500.... you have been warned!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Darren D
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Arrived late evening to granite faces around the bar (Christina being one of them!). The room was clean with small balcony, no air con and a ceiling fan which was inadequate as the temperature was very high. The hotel did make decent snacks. Having stayed at the Carmen Theresa before, which is also 2 star, I can say I will not be staying at El Tiburon again as it comes a very poor second to the theresa in welcomes and comfort.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jojo5557
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We have just returned from a week at the el tiburon all the reviews we read before we went were very accurate.And we would cerainly recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet holiday in a lovely clean family run hotel which is in a great location for everything you need.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank william h
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I previously said that I thought the sparkle had gone, but I take it back. I have stayed in the Tiburon twice this year. Once for 3 nights in June with my girlfriends and again in July for 4 nights with my other and his two grown up kids. The place is a lot cleaner than it was last year. Nothing has changed of course, the staff and decor are still the same but it just felt happier this time.

I don’t think I did a review after I stayed there last year but if you do happened to get put on the top floor please ask to me moved straight away, there is a water pump on the roof that will keep you awake all night.

I will say that it is a shame the owners don’t give the Tiburon a little TLC. As you enter reception there are some photos on the right hand side. One of them is of all the employee’s, smiling, wearing uniforms and looking very happy. At least 3 of the staff in the picture are still there but it is certainly a picture of happier times.
Feel free to ask me any questions.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank zedtwed
Reviewed 20 July 2011

(this is the best 2** hotel on the C-D-S ) After staying in a nearby hotel for the last 3 years ,my wife and I decided on a change of hotel, best move we have made, 14 nights for a real bargain price ,room only of course, that way you can either, eat in the el tiburon, choice of various english breakfast meals, and late afternoon - evening meals, all reasonably priced and well cooked. Or, you can opt for an almost endless choice, of cafe"s, bars , and restraunts, all within 10 to 15 mins walk. As for the hotel itself, (cheap) (CLEAN) friendly staff, 70% speak english, nice pool area , adequate sunbeds,if you can stand the heat.you can travel miles, on local transport, for less than 2 euros.(que mas quieres) ( by the way" DENNIS "i hope your back is better) ps,already booked for next year. viva espana.( sorry no tilda) B & G brixham devon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yorkiebless
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Hotel is perfectly suited for young smokers, 24 hr reception for the late ones, ashtrays provided, maid was v friendly, (tho we didn't share the same language) she didn't seem to mind too much about the joint ends she fished from under "mi amigos" bed. Every time we came back to the hotel, we had a litre of beer each (1.80) and often hadn't slept yet, Christine all ways had a welcoming smile waiting for us!

If your a young traveller looking for cheap, smoker friendly accommodation, el tiburon is the place for you, a short walk from the beach you can score some of the best hachis and herb in the world!

Room Tip: Try your best to speak spanish