Hotel Boutique El Tiburon
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$110
US$103
US$92
  • Restaurant
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$153
US$136
  • Breakfast included
US$217
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsel tiburonla carihuelabalcony roomno air conpool areabars and restaurantsstayed here for nightsgood sizenice breakfastmin walk to the beachsun terracesmall hotelbuffet breakfastfab locationrooms were cleanedwould highly recommend this hotelbeach front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2009

I stayed for 7 days in December. I found the room dated and fairly small but adequate. I thought I was self-catering but there was no cooking facilities in the room and I was actually half-board with a good breakfast cooked by a friendly chef each morning. The sound-proofing in rooms is poor and I was able to hear my neighbours, especially a foul-mouthed brummie. I wouldn't stay here again for this reason. However, the staff were helpful, polite and accomodating. The hotel is in a good location in Cariheula, near to the beach, shops and promenade. I found the area and Torremolinos in general to be dated also. There is a lot of grafitti and dog mess around and a plethora of seventies and eighties built hotels. I found this not to my taste, but if you like simple bars and restaurants, you won't be disappointed. The beach area is spotless, well-kept and with many loungers and play areas for children. The local trains and buses are frequent and cheap. I would recommend hiring a bike and cycling along the promende. You can cycle to Fuengirola and Malaga easily and it's cheap and fun (€10 per day).

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank ManchesterDaveyboy
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Booked this hotel due to the comments I read on this site...... The hotel is what it is. The room was small but big enough with large wardrope and english tv, we had a large balcony and good size bathroom. The main plus for this hotel is its position in relation to the beach and resteraunts/shopping. You are literally 5 mins walk from all but you hear no noise, it's fantastic. My belief is that the percentage of time you spend in your hotel is a small part of your holiday, I paid £300 for 2 flights and b+b for 2, where can you get this for less and have a fab holiday?

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank welshjaquie
Reviewed 3 December 2008

November 2008. We decided to fly out to Malaga on Friday evening as it was considerably cheaper than a Saturday flight. I had a look through hotelconnect and decided that for 1 night at Hotel El Tiburon for £22 pounds B&B was worth a try. We arrived quite late and checked in, our room was basic but had everything we needed and was spotlessly clean, we even had a balcony overlooking a nice patio and swimming pool. We liked the atmosphere in the bar where we enjoyed a couple of hefty brandies.In the morning we had a very good buffet breakfast, had a walk along the promenade, and left around midday. We enjoyed it so much, next time we think we will make it a longer stay. It was rather like staying in a friends house.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marylous
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Didn't spend alot of time in the hotel but staff seemed friendly enough. Rooms basic but very clean, sheets, towels changed enough. Breakfasts a little strange, have read nowere about the habbit of clearing your own table and replaceing the table cloth. O.K. if you know of this before you book. It's not compulsary but could have gone self catering if this is required. Problem with juice & coffee vending machines. Juice is very watery, coffee mainly luke warm as is bacon,eggs etc. Could this be the reason breakfasts are to stop. Money needs spending on equipment. Vending machines can be very good these days but cost money. The actual food is O.K. if a little limited in choice but then how often do you change your breakfast menu at home.
All in all you get what you pay for and a little more, both BBC and ITV channels ( if this is what you want ) how many more expensive hotels only have Spanish, German & CNN channels.
We stayed for 1 week and the beds were O.K. for this amount of time. Mattresses a little hard and lumpy for any longer. Didn't use the pool in November but sun bathing O.K. until about 4:00 when surrounding building get in the way.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T0su
Reviewed 20 October 2008

We have just returned from El Tiburon and although we paid just £14 each per night B & B the hotel is of a great standard. We had a four bedded room with balcony and there were only two of us. I don't know where the previous reviewee stayed but it could not have been 'the same El Tiburon', The place was as spotless and and as friendly as we remembered.

The reason it is a room only basis as from next year is due to the booking agencies asking them to drop the price. If you look ahead to next year there is no difference in the prices for a room only so what is the problem with buying a cheap breakfast outside the hotel. They may offer breakfast when you arrive as they have the facilities and drinks and snacks are a reasonable price anyway.

I found it very disloyal of customers who had been going for years saying they would stay elsewhere. They will find it difficult to find such caring staff and as the average age is well over 60 they should bear that in mind.

Just in case you wondered what the weather was like it was absolutely brilliant. A thunderstorm early one morning but a week in the very high 20s. No jacket required in the evening.

So just as soon as we can we will be returning to El Tib breakfast or not.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple