“Reasonably cheap, clean, although a very unfriendly hotel!!!!!!!!”

Hotel Boutique El Tiburon
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This hotel was reasonably cheap and clean, although i have to say that the owners of the hotel did not make you feel very welcome at all. They didn't even acknowledge you when you were coming and going and seemed to give us funny looks as if we had 2 heads or something - not friendly at all. Also if you were a little on the noisy side aftyer a night out they told you to be quiet - so not really a good place to stay if you are partying in the resort - more for older couples just wanting to sit by the pool and relax i would say. Can say that we will definitely not be staying in this hotel ever again!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank saz13

Reviewed 9 May 2010

For such a cheap price I was not expecting much, but to my pleasant surprise I found the hotel to be kept very clean daily, bed sheets were changed EVERY day....yes, every day. the room had everything I needed. A button came off my blouse within minutes the cleaning lady had a needle and cotton for me! My flight out was cancelled due to volcanic ash, the lovely gentleman in reception was just sooooo helpful......thank you sir and I'm sorry I did'nt keep a note of your name but I thank you again for your kind assistance.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Absoutely 1st class ! Rooms done every day including fresh towels. Spotless rooms . Breakfast (English) absolutely perfect , cooked fresh and cheaper than the restaurants round about . Staff friendly and helpfull . This was a pleasant surprise to us because we did not expect this sort of standard from what is listed as a 2 or 3 star hotel . I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again .
One night quite late on I asked Fernando the guy behind the bar what time the bar closed he said " I go home at 8 a.m. but I will stay later if you want me to" ! I may add I was tucked up in bed by 12.30 .!
David , Mary and our grandson Ross

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2010

This was our first visit to el tiburon and we found it to be cheap & cheerful. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms were cleaned every day. It's right in the centre of la carihuela, so it's spot on for location. Being march, the rooms did get a bit cold, but there was a heater
available. The beds were a bit hard but not the worst i've slept in. Good value for money. Nice view of the pool from the veranda.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2009

This is one of the most traditional/oldest hotels in this area. The rooms are fine. The location great. It's family run so service is great. They seemed to get many repeat clients and I will be one of them. I am a travel agent so if you want big mainstream package holiday perhaps choose somewhere else - If you like small and friendly - Perfect.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Booked 6 nights for October half-term 2009 - paid a very cheap price for room-only basis. The room was extremely basic and the beds were hard; it was clean-ish and the balcony was good to have. The bed was made each day (same sheets) and a fresh bath towel provided. I would hate to stay there in the very hot summer months as there is no air conditioning - only a ceiling fan. The bathroom had seen better days and could have been cleaner. There was a safe in my room for valuables - I rented it for 3 euros a day.
The majority of the staff spoke a little English and were helpful and friendly. The execption to this was the lady (who I think owned it) - she barely said a word (though understood English) and never raised a smile. However, when I complained about a window that would not lock, it was sorted next day as promised. There was pricey internet access available in the lobby, and the pool was pleasant, though unheated. The bar prices seemed reasonable (I only ordered a couple of beers), and I can't comment on the breakfast/food as I didn't eat there.
To sum up, a few minor changes would improve this hotel a lot, but it was ok as a base from which to explore the Costa Del Sol for a week.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ChrisCorn
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Had a great time, the staff were extremley helpful, location great, bar open 23 hours excellent service, fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends