I really wanted to love this hotel, we usually stay at the Tiburon which is currently being refurbished.
All in all I think the location was great, but the sleep quality, pool area and balconies let the whole place down and I’m sad to say we won’t be returning.
I knew this hotel was old style and had no problem at all with the older furnishings in Reception I actually thought it gave the place character. Check-in seemed to take ages but hey ho.
We were initially given room 8, it was tiny, the ‘balcony’ was only about 10 inches deep you could not get a chair on it, it overlooked the ‘garden’ which was in fact just a back alley. It smelled really strongly of furniture polish. As we were staying for 8 nights I went and asked if we could change to a room with a proper balcony or one overlooking the pool, we were told not because it was full. Fair enough.
Returned from our night out to find 3 cockroaches on the floor, I found this very unusual as Ive been coming to Carihuela for years and rarely see them….. we complained and were told we could move rooms the next day, we were given the excuse that someone must have had ‘food in the room’. It occurred to me then that the smell of polish experienced earlier was in fact roach spray.
Next morning another beastie had joins us even though we had closed all the windows, and put towels around the door. Nice.
They moved us to room 11 which was on the same floor. This room was bigger with a large shower (no bath but not bothered), same tiny balcony and ‘garden’ view. The bathroom and furnishings were modern and well kept. The room was clean. What was missing was any sound proofing whatsoever, although the rooms had been refurbished to a good standard, the doors into the rooms were still the rickety old ones, ours did not close properly unless locked and had so many gaps in it.
You do expect some noise but we could hear the tinkering of cups on the floor below and if someone was smoking downstairs, it wafted into our room. I thought it would be really cheeky to ask to change again so we didn’t, but as the week wore on I wish that we had. It was so noisy.
The beds were uncomfortable and lumped in with the noise the sleep quality was very poor.
We paid €18 euro’s plus deposit to rent the safe which turned out not to be attached to the wall and could easily have been carried off, again I didn’t bother complaining as I’d hate to be one of those nightmare guests but now I think I probably should’ve.
The pool area was nice enough, there were a few sun lounger but the actual sunbathing area was grassed (a pet hate of mine) and mostly in the shade which was no use to anyone really so we didn’t use the pool at all.
OJ, tea or coffee, a small pre packaged mini muffin, small toasted baguette, jam, butter.
Served, efficiently on the terrace, can’t say much more about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel, design par Picasso's cousin in the 50's in the real andalou style for a Gypsy Queen. Situated at 50 meter from the best beach in the area, 10km from Malaga's airport. It is a beautiful and quiet oasis among the buildings around. It has been renovated for 6 years. New Bathrooms, air conditioning unit, TV. Swimming pool with salt to avoid the chlorine. You can also eat a delicious paella made on demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residencia Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Residencia Miami
- Residencia Miami Torremolinos
- Residencia Miami Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain