Having had quite a lot of trouble finding this hotel, we seemed to just stumble upon it after an hour of driving about the area and asking people if they knew where it was. However, when we eventually pulled into the free walled parking area, we were immediately taken aback by the beauty of the building. Our surprise and disbelief that this place only had a 2 star rating continued as we entered the spectacular interior. Everything was immaculate and to use a word from a previous review, "quirky". It has what I would describe as an 'old charm' feeling about it.
We were curteously checked in, handed the key and directed to our room on the first floor, with a window facing out from the rear of the building, overlooking a lovely patio area and the swimming pool....................yes, I did say swimming pool! The room itself was very clean, tidy and well appointed, with a perfectly good en suite bathroom,
This place charged my wife and I only £23 each for the one night we stayed there with a 'continental' breakfast thrown in (not literally!).
In fact the breakfast was more than ample; a large jug of coffee with another jug of warmed milk, fresh toasted rolls and small cakes with a selection of jams.
There seemed no rush for us to leave and we came away from this fantastic place still astounded with the value.
In fact, I'm having to think twice about writing this review in case too many other people fall in love with it and the prices go up!
Excellent is the word I'd like to leave you with here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel, design par Picasso's cousin in the 50's in the real andalou style for a Gypsy Queen. Situated at 50 meter from the best beach in the area, 10km from Malaga's airport. It is a beautiful and quiet oasis among the buildings around. It has been renovated for 6 years. New Bathrooms, air conditioning unit, TV. Swimming pool with salt to avoid the chlorine. You can also eat a delicious paella made on demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residencia Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Residencia Miami
- Residencia Miami Torremolinos
- Residencia Miami Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain