“Great spot”

Ranked #31 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
West Cork, Ireland
“Great spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

My friend and I have just come back after spending a week at Residencia Miami. The location was fantastic, we were a short walk to the beach. However, if you are used to 5 star hotels and the facilities that they provide, this is not the hotel for you. Our room was a good size, however, there were 2 extra beds in it, which reduced the size considerably. We requested they be moved, eventually, on the 4th day, one was taken out. The laundry service was not cheap and the items do not come back ironed. I requested the use of an iron and was told they did not have one. I found a hair scrunchy under my bed the first day, full of fluff, it was still there the day we left. Having said all that, for what we paid, I was not expecting The Waldorf Astoria!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank minnihandbag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

When we booked this hotel I was a little bit worried because some reviewers complained about the state of the hotel. Since we were on a budget and the price difference at other hotels around was significant we booked it. We were on a tour in Spain, had a rented car and Torremolinos was our last stop . All the other hotels charged a lot for parking but this one was free.
If you document in advance is very easy to find the hotel. When we arrived we were impressed with the building from outside and there were plenty of parking spaces. The woman at the front desk was the most inexpresive person we ever met but she was polite. We asked for a nonsmoking room and we got one on the first floor.
The room was recently renovated and it had all the basics (includin air conditioning) except shower gel, just a tiny soap for two people. Our room had twin beds, very fragile looking althgouth we booked a double.
The pool are was really nice.
In the first three days we didn't get another soap but when we asked the guy at the reception he gave us three and if I knew his name I would mention it because he has been very nice and helpful.
The hotel is two minutes away from the beach and a lot of places to eat. I definively recomand La Tahona (first street with shops paralel to the beach, not the promenade) on your way to the beach.
Breakfast is very basic (a small baguette toasted, butter, jam, a small muffin, small orange juce and a hot drink of your choice) but taking in account the price of the room we found it ok.
In the morning we could hear noise from the staff downstairs and the people having breakfast on the terrace.
We met the hotel cat Sippy (don't actually know how to write it) who had eyes of different colours.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeeDee2009
Weston super Mare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

The Miami is the most fascinating, atmospheric hotel I have ever stayed in. Their website gives a good picture with a good pool and garden in a reasonably quiet area just a short walk from a pedestrian precinct shopping street and the seafront promenade - also pedestrianised. Breakfast was minimal and always the same. Staff were O.K. AS LONG AS YOU MADE THE FIRST MOVE! With improved hospitality and minor work on the building they could charge at least 50% more so well worth a look

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I saw the pics but I wasn't sure of what to expect. When I arrived, it appeared to be a beautiful little white castle. The staff was so nice and my room was cute and tidy. The house had pretty stained glass and the garden was nice. I couldn't believe how good of value it was. It took about 10 minutes to the main bus station and airport which wasn't a big deal at all. It was very easy to catch the bus right off the main road into the city center. The seaside was very close in walking distance with restaurants and very cool shops. I just loved it!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
WAKEFIELD ENGLAND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2009

Good cheap hotel in excellent area if you get a decent room. We had a room each. Room 2 had twin beds and was clean,bright and modern. My room (8) consisted of an old double bed ,a desk and chair, no blinds, torn curtain lining, a clothes cupboard with old mis shaped wire hangers and a bathroom window that opened onto the corridor.It was in need of re-furbishing and re decorating. The door handle was hanging off.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank leedsloiner62
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

As all other reviewers stated the location of the hotel was just great. It took appr. 5 minutes on foot to get to the beach promenade. I liked that it was quiet during night time compared to other expensive hotels located right at the beach!
Hotel was clean and all of the staff members were extremely nice and helpful. Everybody spoke at least a little English or if they didn't, they'd still try to help you and explain things :)
We had a room with 3+1 bed, which was spacious and clean. The interior of the hotel was cute and cosy, pool area was also nice. There were few parking spaces available for free of charge and when I expressed my concern about arriving late and finding a parking spot, the staff assured me that if the spots are taken they would give staff spots or they'd try to find you a spot elsewhere :)
Only thing to complain about was the breakfast. If you're OK with bread-butter-jam then it's fine. Me and my friends went to a corner café to get croissants and cappuccinos which were delish. Overall I'd recommend this hotel as a place of stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pilts
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

The good:
* very cheap
* small hotel with charm
* parking on-site

The bad:
* small beds (very annoying)
* small time-frame for breakfast
* bath towels which don't dry very well

I would definitely recommend this hotel for those people who can cope with a small bed. It offers very good value. The hotel's location is also very good, although it's about 20 minutes walk from the Old Town. There is a great cafe, La Tahona, serving a very good breakfast just down the road, so we never bothered eating the hotel's breakfast anyway. Sometimes the hotel's car park gets a bit full, but most of the time it was OK.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank garrad