“Loved it!”
Review of Hotel Isabel

Hotel Isabel
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great four night stay at Hotel Isabel as a solo traveler.

All of the employees at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. I had a couple of issues while I was in Torremolinos and they helped in both cases. A tour bus did not pick me up as scheduled and Antonio at the front desk contacted the tour group and arranged for them to call me and reschedule. Antonio also did his best to help when I was having difficulty checking in for my Iberia flight online.

The hotel is in a great location and my room overlooked the beach even though it was a side balcony. There is a grocery store seconds away if you'd like to pick some items up and keep them in the fridge in your room. Note that there is a charge to use the refrigerators and also the in room safes. These additional costs would be my only complaint regarding Hotel Isabel.

The breakfast is adequate and the pool is very pleasant.

My flight for Madrid did not leave until 7 o'clock in the evening and I was told that I was welcome to use the pool or beach until I was ready to leave for the airport. I was offered a hospitality room where I was able to shower and change before getting a cab for the airport.

The rooms are a great size and very well equipped. The maids are all extremely friendly and polite as well.

I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again if I return to Torremolinos.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
jesuspeinado, Gerente at Hotel Isabel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

The courtesy room is a complimentary service that our customers asked us for us and so we created last year. Glad you liked it and that will be satisfied with the care provided. Thank you very much for the four days spent with us.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Isabel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have just returned from Hotel Isabel and had a brilliant stay, their customer service is second to none, even before we arrived the recepction staff were of great assistance and once we got there we found the staff were so helpful, polite and friendly and could not do enough for you. the hotel its self is spotless and I am the most picky person when it comes to cleanliness. We took a taxi there which took about 15 mins and cost €17.95 . We had a see view on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool which got the morning sun till around 1.30 or so and then the balcony was shaded which suited us as when we went up to the room to get ready to go out the room was not boiling hot and it was pleasant to sit out before going out for dinner, it does however also look onto a busy enough road which can be noisy if you are a light sleeper, this however is not the hotel's fault and didnt bother us at all . We had various snacks from the bar and all were really good, try the fish crouquetts their devine. We were there for a lot of the world cup matches and sat in the bar at night were we got chatting to lots of other people and the athmosphere was really good. One one of the days we wanted to hire a car and this was all done through the hotel also, €30 for a micra for one day which we thought was very good and was dropped to and collected from the hotel which is a great service.
The pool was lovely and we never had a problem getting a lounger and everyday someone from the bar came around offering fresh fruit to the guest around the pool !!
All in all I can not fault this hotel in any way , it is one of the best I've ever stayed in and there were several people there on returning visits, I would go back tomorow if I could, and thank you to the manager for the champagne in our room it was a lovely thought.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms get sun untill lunchtime and are then shaded
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for all your comments about the hotel. For me personally customers like yourself customers are five star customers and thus having managed to live up to all your expectations is very important. If you have felt at home then we have done a good job. I am sorry about the noise problems that from outside have bothered you. I hope it was something occasional.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spent ten nights here during the month of August. Provided with a warm welcome on arrival. Room was lovely and clean and the bathroom was nice if a little small. Hotel is in a perfect location near the beach, restaurants, supermarkets and Torremolinos itself. The garden and swimming pool was a suntrap and very quiet.

Breakfast was nice with a different hot breakfast selection every day. Only gripe was having to pay a fee for the safe, the fridge and the WiFi.

All in all a lovely hotel with pleasant staff and will return in the future.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your visit and for highlighting the location we have. There are two points with which I do not agree ,for example Fridge is free if you hire our minibar service and wifi is free but I understand that you have hired our Premium wifi service which has a cost but because the speed is greater. (But as we have always informed we have a free wifi service).

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Could not fault this hotel in any way. Staff were all so helpful and the room was cleaned daily! Very close to everything lovely restaurants in the surrounding area. Would recommend to friends and family:) Breakfast was perfect with lots of options available.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona L

Thank you for your stay and for the recommendations

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fab hotel and a joy to stay in. Taxi took 10 mins from Malaga (€18) and as soon as the doors opened you got the fresh clean spell of a hotel with exceptional cleanliness that spread to all areas of the hotel. The staff were friendly and very attentive. Special thanks to Michael and Maria, two excellent members of staff. Breakfast had a wide variety of products ranging from Eggs, beans and bacon to all continental options. Rooms was cleaned daily and sheets changed every two days. Pool area is adequate as directly across from the beach. Loungers always available. Pool was a little on the cool side but once you're is fine . Lunch menu was good but they don't cater a lot for it which is a shame. About 15 mins walk to center of town but as the road has lots of shops etc you don't find it. Night life in Torrmolinos is quiet as a lot of older couples there at this time of year but that is not the hotels fault. Highly recommend and would definitely go back.

2  Thank Caroline C

I'm glad that you liked our buffet breakfast. Although we have a snack bar cafeteria service breakfast is the most important to us and therefore the opinions of our customers are very important. We try to have the best possible quality in all our products. Thank you very much and I hope visit us again

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a very enjoyable stay in the Isabel we were in a superior room with a sea view which is well worth the extra cost as you have a much larger room and individually controlled air conditioning.The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are excellent with special thanks to Stephanie and Michael for their help with printing out our boarding passes for the flight home.The rooms are cleaned to a high standard with fresh towels daily also with tea coffee and toiletries replenished.We hope to be return in the near future.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on a high floor are the best in my opinion
2  Thank Davy916

I will personally thank Stefanie and Michael. You know you have your home in the Hotel Isabel if you return to visit next year. Thank you very much

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from a week long break at the Isabel and we had a fantastic time.

We checked in after a short taxi ride from Malaga airport and noticed how clean this hotel is straight away, the lobby, our room,(sea view a must) the pool area and breakfast room all spotless.

The location is another plus being just across the road from the beach and a pleasant 20-25 minute walk to the resort centre, make sure you take the lift up from next to the melia hotel it saves approx 300 steps.

The food and drinks from the bar were of high quality and reasonably priced and the breakfast was a real treat with great variety

We found all the staff to be both friendly and helpful and we will no doubt return in the not to distance future

3  Thank sandjholidayswatford

Thank you for highlighting the work the cleaning staff at Hotel Isabel. It is very important for them and for me that customers can appreciate it. I hope you visit again soon. Any questions you may have can be sent to me personally at direccion@hotelisabel.net