We booked this trip as a cheap week in the sun so didn't expect too much and in terms of the hotel it was pretty much what we expected.
The main problem is that a lot of parents seem to think that the second the all inclusive wristband goes on their children's wrist, they don't need to supervise them anymore. So you have a ten deep crowd of children constantly at the bar, and children serving themselves in the restaurant - hands all over food that other people are going to eat, fingers in deserts and in once instance eating straight from the serving spoon before putting it back into the food.
There was a hand sanitizer outside the restaurant but people weren't forced to use it (children and adults!)
We felt that if the hotel tightened up its policy parents would have to take more responsibility for their children.
I was ill (sickness and diarrhoea), and yes, it could be down to a number of things but I suspect it was food related (certainly wasn't drink or sunstroke). I lost an entire day of the holiday due to this. Whilst waiting to leave in the hotel lounge we saw a woman throw up all over the floor in reception - so the hotel was definitely aware that something wasn't quite right.
Incidentally - after this there was someone on the restaurant door enforcing the sanitizing of hands, as we left shortly after I can't say how long this lasted.
All in all it was a good bargain break but just a few tweaks this hotel could be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain