We have just returned from 7 nights at the Marconfort, the entrance and reception are grand but we had problems from the minute we arrived, the shower didn't work, the door didn't lock and if it wasn't for the memory foam topper we might as well have slept in a hammock! we were moved the next day which was much better - the change only happened because I phoned the travel company back in the UK to complain!
Food was VERY samey, I think that the people who had a short stay wouldn't have sampled the same dishes day-in-day-out, the TV outside the restaurant boasted an impressive array of Chinese, Indian, Mexican and Thai dishes, in reality we got none of these. If you settled for the 'snacks' during the day it was, sausages, hamburgers, cheese/ham and salad - that was about it.
The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly but seriously biased towards the Spanish guests, this was to the point of allowing them to jump the line of people waiting - not good.
Entertainment was actually very good and there was stuff to join in with during the day, pools were good and clean.
Beer was either watered down or below 2% proof because it had no effect regardless of how much you drank (not that I drink THAT much) but it would spoil your holiday if you wanted to drink all day and that was what you went for, the spirits were fine though.
The location is good, near the beach and amenities and the bus service was regular and cheap (1.22 euros)
The final night was spoilt by the next room fighting in the corridor at 02:00 in the morning, he obviously didn't drink the hotel beer!
All in all we were disappointed with our stay and if we had known then what we know know we wouldn't have booked, not 4* and not worth the peak season prices.
One last thing, they ask if you have any special requests or an occasion happening while you're staying at the hotel, don't bother telling them because they either ignore it or just don't bother......why ask in the first place??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain