“OK but not as good as the views reflect”

Marconfort Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We have just returned from 7 nights at the Marconfort, the entrance and reception are grand but we had problems from the minute we arrived, the shower didn't work, the door didn't lock and if it wasn't for the memory foam topper we might as well have slept in a hammock! we were moved the next day which was much better - the change only happened because I phoned the travel company back in the UK to complain!
Food was VERY samey, I think that the people who had a short stay wouldn't have sampled the same dishes day-in-day-out, the TV outside the restaurant boasted an impressive array of Chinese, Indian, Mexican and Thai dishes, in reality we got none of these. If you settled for the 'snacks' during the day it was, sausages, hamburgers, cheese/ham and salad - that was about it.
The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly but seriously biased towards the Spanish guests, this was to the point of allowing them to jump the line of people waiting - not good.
Entertainment was actually very good and there was stuff to join in with during the day, pools were good and clean.
Beer was either watered down or below 2% proof because it had no effect regardless of how much you drank (not that I drink THAT much) but it would spoil your holiday if you wanted to drink all day and that was what you went for, the spirits were fine though.
The location is good, near the beach and amenities and the bus service was regular and cheap (1.22 euros)
The final night was spoilt by the next room fighting in the corridor at 02:00 in the morning, he obviously didn't drink the hotel beer!
All in all we were disappointed with our stay and if we had known then what we know know we wouldn't have booked, not 4* and not worth the peak season prices.
One last thing, they ask if you have any special requests or an occasion happening while you're staying at the hotel, don't bother telling them because they either ignore it or just don't bother......why ask in the first place??

Room Tip: It makes no difference what you ask for......you get what you get!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JohnW50London
LuisLuque, Subdirector at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear JohnW50London:
I would like to thank you very much indeed for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to send us your comments, because through feedback from our guests, we can effectively improve our services.
We're sorry the problems of your room the first day.
I want to tell you that the hotel beer comes in barrel and it is impossible to be watery, is a well-known national brand, we feel that you would not like.
Besty regards.

There are newer reviews for Marconfort Beach Club Hotel

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed for a short break, location is great beside the beach. We were happy to stay around the hotel as the enterment was good . Th e food was good and the staff were lovely. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jacks010
LuisLuque, Subdirector at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear jacks010 :
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Marconfort Beach Hotel. It gives us a great pleasure to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your holiday with us

Reviewed 19 September 2012

10 minutes from the airport and upon arrival the hotel is impressive! we checked in and room was standard and basic but we were there for a short break of 3 nights! the room was a corner room
at the front facing the sea and this was large and alot of room for 3 people with 4 beds!!!!

the hotel is so so clean and as the hotel so close to the beach there is a beautiful view!!

there is always something for you to eat... no matter how picky you are! all meal times are well catered for and a vast range!!!! no complaints at all!!!!!!

as it was the spanish holidays there is alot of spanish but ot didnt make any difference to us! the hotel was full and the only downfall was not alot of room
around the pool as felt squashed, but never any issues getting a bed! would be great if done a towel service as us brits have baggage allowance!

drinks were great, even free nuts, crisps and olives!!!!

we will deffinately return!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank tallulah50

Dear tallulah50 :
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marconfort Beach Hotel on a future occasion.
Your sincerely.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was impressed by the lobby of the hotel, then I got into my room...
I read reviews of this place before coming and thats what sold me the holiday, but this isn't a 4 star hotel. It is scratching the surface of a 3 star at best. The room was a dead give away to this. There was only a hand pump dispenser for cheap soap. No shampoo or other toiletries. There wasn't a fridge in the room. The matresses were 2 different heights and the T.V. which was meant to have international channels consisted of CBBC and BBC1 Scotland unless you wanted to watch Spanish T.V. The toilet was not attached to the floor properly, the door catch on the balcony was broken and when I complained and asked it to be fixed they told me 'We already know'. So why were they giving me a room that was not secure? The gym was laughable and the childrens club was more catered for Spanish children, as there were more Spanish than British. I felt I was second class at some points.
I spent a lot of money coming on this holiday and was dissapointed because of this misleading star rating.
I wasn't the only one who felt this way about being mislead on what they were getting. I wish I had got a self catering apartment. Whoever says their room was upto a 4 star standard or even a three must have been very drunk throughout their stay here. This was a basic room with no frills!!
There were some good points. It's not all a 'moanfest'...
The food was pretty good, but needed more variation, as it was very repetitive after a week. The pool was good,as my eight year old daughter spent a lot of time in it and it was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. I certainly wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, in fact quite the opposite. I ended up apologising to my sister because I had booked this holiday...
Stay away from this place if your expecting a 4 star experience, because you will be sadly let down.

Room Tip: Don't go here....!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Jon W :
First of all, we would like to relay our most sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your stay with us.
Your sincerely.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Staff friendly , rooms great, pool etc spot on , food excellent , the only slight downside a ten minute walk to the centre but all said ' n ' done Brilliant , Last year we stayed at the Gran hotel Cervantes wich is absolutely horrid , hence we will be rebooking here for next year . :-)

• Stayed: August 2012
8  Thank Brits-on-tour-BTTB
LuisLuque, Subdirector at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Brits-on-tour-BTTB :
Thank you very much for taking a few minutes of your time to express your satisfaction during your stay with us.
We are so glad to know that it took the decision to change hotel and this has been satisfactory for you.
We hope to see in the not too distant future again.
Best regards.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Had an awesome week with friends. Was hugely impressed with all aspects of your establishment. Perfect location, one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in, amazing food with great variety and not forgetting the staff who always remained happy, accommodating and professional at all times. The only downside I would say was that the evening entertainment was pretty poor, but everyone's idea of fun and entertainment is different I suppose! Will definitely be returning. I have already recommended it my work colleagues. Thank you Marconfort for giving my friends and I a fabulous week. See you next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Claire_03_73

Dear Claire_03_73 :
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read reviews like this.
We will try to improve the night-time entertainment, but this program contains 15 different shows aimed at all audiences.
I hope to welcome you back again in our Hotel in a not distant future ( I hope next year ).

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Our first holiday at the Beach Club was 4th April 1997. We took my father, who was 88 at the time. It was his last holiday and one to remember. He loved it because it was on a flat promenade and close to the sea. He also loved the food. We have been a number of times since then. However, this year we took our grandchildren for a week during the school holidays, 19th - 26th August. Because it was the height of the school holidays, I was apprehensive that it might be very noisy round the pool with the sort of banging music I detest but young people seem to like. I had no need to be. The music was of all types and not too loud. Someone had put a great deal of thought into pleasing everyone. The food is superb and the rooms very clean and big enough for four of us to fit into one room, though ours was somewhat bigger than the double rooms. Hygiene is the watchword in this hotel. One of the most important aspects is the lovely staff. They always have a smile which makes you feel very much at home. I have to go back and soon. Pat Ruaune

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this hotel. You can see the sea from all of them and it is also close to t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank patsypike
LuisLuque, Subdirector at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear patsypike :
Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments regarding your stay in Marconfort Beach Hotel. It is a great pleasure for us to meet our guest´s expectations, your kind words have motivated us and we appreciate them a lot.