“Good stay overall”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good stay overall”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We returned from one week at the beach club on 26th March. Our overall impression was a good one. Good location just out of town but in reasonable walking distance. Alternatively there is a regular bus service from right outside the hotel. The beach is just across the road and I think all the rooms have a side sea view. Those rooms facing South overlook an undeveloped area that are the grounds of what I think is a small hospital of single story villas. Look out for the flocks of parrots that roost and nest there.
The hotel and rooms were very clean and staff were friendly. Our bathroom could benefit from a refit but it was clean and presentable. We were on the 5th floor (of 10) and it wasn't noisy at all. It was a bit chilly sometimes during the cloudy days but the heater (air conditioner) worked fine.
The food was excellent, we didn't have anything that we didn't like. I especially liked the "specials" secion in the evening. We were concerned when we heard that several people had taken ill during the week we were there, luckily we were not affected. However, it was clear that the hotel management were taking steps to combat the problem and I hope it is now under control.
There was some painting taking place in the pool area but since we took advantage of a sunny balcony (during the limited period when the sun was shining) we didn't use the poolside anyway. Also on two occasions a workman came to the room to carry our some minor repairs and touch ups, We hadn't asked for this nor did we think it was particulary necessary but it was reassuring to see that minor problems in the rooms were being sorted.
Before we arrived I sent an email with a request regarding our room, we had a courteous reply and we got what we asked for.
This time of the year the resort was fairly quiet, if you want to avoid the crowds but are willing to take a risk on the weather it's a good time and you can get good prices at this time with the tour operators (we used Jet2 holidays).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cod111
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear cod111 :
Thank you for your review about your great holiday at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel and for recommending it to others.
Coventry, beautiful city, brings me many memories, was very near Leamington Spa, is not it?. On your next visit I promise to tell you my experience in those lands.
Many customers tell us they are very happy with the new show ccoking corner, where cooking a special dish every night and believe it is being a success, we like to know that you also liked.
Thanks also for highlighting the hotel cleaning rooms and patience and the improvements we are making, one of which is the ongoing revision of rooms so that everything is in perfect condition to our customers.
I hope you and your partner can return again soon.
Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Amble, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My family and I have just spent 4 nights, 25 -29th March, on an all inclusive basis. This hotel provides excellant value for money. We stayed in room 715 with our three grandchiildren, panoramic views, spacious and clean. Comfortable beds and lashings of hot water, pillows a little 'flat'. Food is really good, there was something for all our party - my daughter and her husband and my son and his girlfriend. Pool areas were being repainted whilst we were there but the kids still managed to use one of the outdoor pools yesterday. The indoor pool was well used! The entertainment was good, usually kids disco or parrot show followed by a game of bingo and a floor show. Our children loved it. Staff really friendly and none of us have experienced any upset tummies or diarrhoea. Would we return? - yes. The close proximity to the airport is a plus when travelling with children.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LyndyDurham
Dear LyndyDurham :
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday in Torremolinos and share your comments with other users on Tripadvisor, I am sure you are a great help.
Indeed our hotel offers a value for money hard to beat and our goal is to go slowly renovating the hotel places that need it, this is the case at this time of the outdoor pool and although I apologize for the minor inconveniences of paint, I'm sure everyone will appreciate a new change.
We always try to have something different for everyone within the food, as we understand it is critical for us and our customers, I think we've done with you, thanks again and I hope we will get to welcome you at our hotel in the near future.
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

was here last april thought the place was ideal for me and my young children the only thing was the kids club was every half hr in the mornining so didn t bother with that also the gym was totally crap, hoping they mite have updated it this year, food was fine rooms fine and my kids wanted to come back here next mth so all booked up and ready to go again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank colleen m
Dear colleen m :
I am truly delighted to learn that you enjoyed your last visit.
I hope that on your next visit the children and your family enjoy our new facilities, we will try again exceed your expectations.
I am at your disposal for any questions.
manningtree
Reviewed 29 March 2013

First let me say how great the manager luis was, it breaks our heart seeing how hard he works, he seems to be there most of the time speaking to guests and making sure the hotel is spotless and the guests are happy, although he has family at home the hotel is very important to him. WE LOVE YOU LUIS.

Firstly l must say that guests who say the food is poor must come from another planet, we go abroad 4 times a year and the food is up there with the best we have had, so much choice all well cooked and boiling hot, it is the first time abroad that l have burnt my tongue on the food, so people that say the food is cold are talking rubbish.

Did we get the sickness bug yes l did only sickness for 24 hours husband was fine we stayed 21st of February to 6th of March and maybe it was the noro virus as it was the tail end of the children's half term in the UK.

We were put first in room 601 which had four beds in it, so made it quite cramped and as there were only two of us we asked to be moved to a twin room which they happily did the next morning moving us to the top floor room 1006, what a fabulous room and view thank you.

The hotel is very clean the cleaners work hard the only the only criticism l can give is the hall carpets are not hoovered enough and each floor should be done every day not every few days.

Entertainment was ok not really our scene but great for other people everyone is different and you can't please everybody.

Would we go again? yes we plan to go for a month next year mid January to Mid February, see you all next year.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evergreen82
Dear evergreen82 :
Thank you for your kind comments, you do not have to thank for anything, just trying to do my job and every customer with the opportunity to communicate me directly their impressions of your stay at the hotel, this is I tried it and the whole team Marconfort, they make it possible, I'm just one more, however, again thank you for those words of encouragement.
Thanks also for being honest in all your comments, both good and bad and highlight the wide variety of food and it is at the right temperature, as I have said several times, but we sampled temperature three times during each service.
I note your comments and try to improve aspects that appointment, I hope you again next year.
Kindest regards.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

just returned from a weeks stay here should have taken notice of reviews both my husband and myself both taken ill on the 3rd day we were here.Food was awful same stuff over and over again ..the rooms were basic. we had to ask for extra pillows only one flat boltster pillow on bed bed wasn;t very comfortable rock hard. this is not a four star hotel

Room Tip: until they get this bug thing sorted don,t bother going
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anne576
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear anne576 :
Thank you for your review here on the tripadvisor´s website concerning your recent stay at our Marconfort Beach Club Hotel and I hope you had a delightful trip back to Durham.
Regarding the food, I disagree with you as the hotel has a biweekly menu where a wide variety of food in addition to cooking show and a special dish every night from different countries.
In every room there is a bed pillow, but if any customer requests an extra pillow is provided immediately, as has been the case.
Finally I regret that during his stay have been ill.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in March on an all inclusive basis. We had a great time despite the weather being poor and having to be inside most of the time. The outdoor pools were freezing cold but the indoor pool was a pleasant temperature but isn't very big.

The service was pretty good and we never had to wait long for a drink from the bar. The lobby is pleasant enough. the decoration might not be to everyone's taste but it does the job and is clean. The food in the restaurant is ok but isn't amazing. We were always able to find things that we were happy to eat though.

After our return home some of our friends who were with us developed a sickness bug. The hotel has taken steps to try and prevent the spread of these bugs by having a hand sanitizer next to the restaurant entrance. It is worth pointing out that this is a lot less effective than washing your hands if you want to try and avoid picking these sorts of bugs up.

The bedroom was ok but was looking a bit tatty around the edges with some of the furniture having seen better days. We did sleep pretty well though.

The hotel has 10 floors but only 4 lifts and so sometimes you can be waiting a while for one.

• Stayed March 2013
LuisLuque, Kind regards. at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear TheFinalAnalys:
I hope you had a delightful trip back to Nottingham.
On behalf of the entire team of Manconfort Beach Hotel, I want to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time and explain to all readers of Tripadvisor your expertise in our Hotel during your stay in Torremolinos.
The truth is that time has long accompanied this month, but unfortunately it can not do anything.
Thanks again for your feedback and if you return back to Torremolinos, please feel free to contact us again.
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

This is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in
Other guests respectful at night, Hotel close to amenities, Beach just across the road, bus stop just outside hotel and train station 10 minutes away. Staff helpful and friendly. Food excellent, no chance you will be hungry in this Hotel.
Can't wait to return

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Shazra1
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Shazra1 :
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive such nice comments.
Thank you for considering the best hotel you've stayed and I hope that you won't hesitate to visit us again whenever your travels will bring you back to Torremolinos.