We returned from one week at the beach club on 26th March. Our overall impression was a good one. Good location just out of town but in reasonable walking distance. Alternatively there is a regular bus service from right outside the hotel. The beach is just across the road and I think all the rooms have a side sea view. Those rooms facing South overlook an undeveloped area that are the grounds of what I think is a small hospital of single story villas. Look out for the flocks of parrots that roost and nest there.
The hotel and rooms were very clean and staff were friendly. Our bathroom could benefit from a refit but it was clean and presentable. We were on the 5th floor (of 10) and it wasn't noisy at all. It was a bit chilly sometimes during the cloudy days but the heater (air conditioner) worked fine.
The food was excellent, we didn't have anything that we didn't like. I especially liked the "specials" secion in the evening. We were concerned when we heard that several people had taken ill during the week we were there, luckily we were not affected. However, it was clear that the hotel management were taking steps to combat the problem and I hope it is now under control.
There was some painting taking place in the pool area but since we took advantage of a sunny balcony (during the limited period when the sun was shining) we didn't use the poolside anyway. Also on two occasions a workman came to the room to carry our some minor repairs and touch ups, We hadn't asked for this nor did we think it was particulary necessary but it was reassuring to see that minor problems in the rooms were being sorted.
Before we arrived I sent an email with a request regarding our room, we had a courteous reply and we got what we asked for.
This time of the year the resort was fairly quiet, if you want to avoid the crowds but are willing to take a risk on the weather it's a good time and you can get good prices at this time with the tour operators (we used Jet2 holidays).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain