Marconfort Beach Club Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$114
US$94
  • Beachfront
Hotel Zen Airport(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$174
US$122
TripAdvisor
3,363 results
All reviewspiano barhand sanitizerfree bingotheir handsbar stafftummy bugpool areaacross the roadpizza and pastaplenty of choicegreat holidayevening entertainmentchildren and adultsall inclusive hoteldining roomuntil midnightkebab
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Returned from here last week. Myself, my husband and our 11 year old son. We were very impressed with the hotel and its cleanliness. Our room was on the first floor which I was happy about. We arrived at lunch time so dumped our bags and headed to the restaurant. As everyone else has said there is a hand sanitizer on the wall at the entrance. The choice of food is excellent. Something for everyone. We are very picky eaters but there was always something for us. We did eat our last 2 nights but that was just for a change. The pool area is brill. Our son never got bored of swimming. Plenty sunbeds, umberellas and tables. I used to wake up early so I did go and put our towels on the sunbeds but there were usually beds available throughout the day. Although some beds did have towels on but no one laid on them until late afternoon. The entertainment was good. We loved the bingo and played it every night. Through the day there were lots of activities going on. Your choice if you wanted to join in. Plenty to do for adults and kids. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach is opposite the hotel with easy access through a gate. We walked the beach every morning to go and buy newspapers then a slow stroll back to the hotel. The transfer time was great. It took about 10 minutes from the airport. First drop off and first pick up. Which is what we like. We liked this hotel but not much to do outside of it. Overall the hotel was fab and probably would return again

3  Thank Kath W
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Kath W :
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please Know that it is our aim that you spend the best days of your holidays with us and this is what we are working for and trying to improve every day.
We stay in your entire disposal and hope that you return to visit us in other occasions, meanwhile we will continue working in achieving our goal that is that our guests enjoy their stay along their holiday in our establishment.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I've just come back from staying at the Marconfort beach club hotel. All in all pretty good, just a couple things that i feel people should be made aware of. No signs of any bug etc, the hotel is very clean, at any point of the day you see somebody cleaning. The hotel is not a 4* but more a good 3* this shouldn't put you off. The food is good. I have two comments on the food. 1, Having a young child means we get up relatively early. We used to go down at 8am ish. By this time the food had sat in the heaters since they had opened the doors, so eggs etc where not very nice. I noticed they cooked omelettes fresh. So I thought id give that a try. I waited for 15min at the counter but nobody was around. I asked a waiter who explained that chef doesn’t come out till “later”. Not a problem though. The staff in restaurant are very friendly and made a real fuss with 13month old daughter. The second point is snacks, I don’t understand why you can’t take them away?

Swimming pool area, always kept clean and more than enough beds. No need to race down with your towel at the crack of dawn!

Entertainment, we only watched a couple of the shows and they are pretty good. Drinks, I found it strange that your drinks are served in a plastic glass even in the main bar (piano bar) I understand that no glasses should be near the pool etc but in the main bar it would have been nice to have it a proper glass. Whilst the bar staff are friendly they did favour the Spanish guests when it came to getting served, whether this was on purpose or not I don’t know but it was noticeable. Again don’t let this put you off, I didn’t mind waiting a extra couple of minutes to get served.

Only negative was that the hotel charged me 40 euros for a cot which I had previously been told was free.

My final comment goes to the young security lad, we waiting for over 1hr for the bus which never showed. The security guard got a seat for wife, moved so we could put my daughter in the shade and they when he finished his shift and we was still waiting for the bus he offered to drop us off in his car. At first I declined but he insisted. He kindly dropped us off. I offered him money to say thank you but he declined. I insisted and he still declined. Very nice of him to go out of way. I can’t remember his name unfortunately.

Overall a very good hotel for the price.

2  Thank BrummieLee442

Dear BrummieLee442 :
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We like to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time. Your positive comments make us want to improve and they help us to serve you better.

In the Piano Bar have glasses and always serve them, our bar staff served in these glasses when drinking glass inside the hotel, not the pool area, maybe it was a misunderstanding.
In reference to the cost of the cot, I have to say that we always charge and is not included in the price.
I will give your congratulations to security staff to help you.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

stayed for 10 nights check in was very quick emailed prior to arrival to ask or low floor (1-3) pool side and we got exactly what we asked for (thankyou) . Excellent variety of food choices something for everyone cocktails of the day were good . We found all staff to be helpful at all times and it was nice to see so many of the same staff there that have been there for quite some time. All staff work very hard they are a credit to the marconfort hotel.
Cleanliness of the whole building was good pool area was kept clean and tidy. It would help if other guests could use the bins instead of just leaving plastic cups at the side of their sun beds for someone else to move. There is a member of staff on the entrance to the restaurant at dinner time and evening meal time ensuring that guests are sanitizing their hands prior to entering but there is nobody there at breakfast and during snacks the number of people we saw at breakfast and during snack times entering the restaurant without sanitizing their hands we lost count surely this should be adhered to at all times maybe the hotel management can do something about this also it states that children under 12 should not take food from buffet unless accompanied by adult we found that parents were just letting their children help themselves sometimes touching food and then putting it back I.e bread barm cakes crisps. Previous reviews earlier in the year mentioned about a bug present at the hotel we have stayed here for 7 times now last year with grandchildren and we have never experienced any illness. Everyone we spoke to this year had said how much they had enjoyed there stay and that they would definitely return.
Entertainment was ok Four tops very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pat C
LuisLuque, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Pat C :
Thank very much for taking the time to write a comment with regard to your visit to the Marconfort Beach Club Hotel and we are very proud to know that your stay was exceeding your expectations one more time.
It is true that our restaurant staff ensures that everyone uses the disinfectant before entering the restaurant, but there are services that we do not know at what time the customer can enter (snack time) and we understand that if the client uses the other services, why not use it when it is not the staffin the door ??, I think that is more aware of each customer to use for themselves.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Returned from holiday 14 August after a weeks stay. I travelled with a mixed age group of family members ranging from 10 to 69. I must say the entertainment was suitable for everyone. There was a good choice of food and kids loved the pizza bar. It was nice to try a cocktail of the day round the clean pool area . No problems in getting a sunbed and beach was opposite the hotel. The sun beds there were very comfy and good value added bonus is that you can come and go back and forth to hotel for drinks/lunch etc. The only downside to our holiday was that we was under the impression along with other disappointed guest was that we booked a family room to sleep 4 however it was a small room with three beds all lined up together with one bed along the bottom two of the beds were camp beds . I would return again my only advice is to check the room situation in more detail before booking it.

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor the 10th never heared any noise maybe due to carpeted floors. Rooms all appeared to have a sea view maybe due to shape of building. There was a lot of bats and swallows which were not afraid of flying in rooms so beware of leaving doors open they were attracted to the horse shoe part of the building.

Dear Cheryl B :
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us.
A triple room is a double room with a supplementary bed, a quadruple room is a double room with two supplementary beds etc. etc. not just in our Marconfort Beach Club Hotel but all hotels in Spain.
For your next visit we will try to have a a bit more spacious room.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening for our 10 night stay front desk staff polite and helpful. When I stay in hotels I expect to pay a deposit for my safe in the room but was surprised to have to pay a €2.50 daily charge on the safe €25 to keep my money passports safe in a 4* hotel altogether €15 deposit and €25 in charges I never had to pay chargers in a 1* hotel in Spain wifi is free in the reception area another hidden charge if you wish to have it in your room we had to wash a few items in the hotel €3 for the wash €2 dryer €1 washing tablets. Bar staff quick friendly all the food was fantastic restaurant staff fantastic entertainment every evening hit and miss all staff where great would prob book again

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Manx222

Dear Manx222 :
Thank you for your positive comments in reference to the staff, food and entertainment.
Additional charges are described on our website, such as you say (safe deposit box, wifi and laundry ) and there are many who are on the all inclusive, including: 1 hour free rental bicycle, gym, mini golf, etc).
I hope you finally think to book Marconfort Beach Club Hotel for your next holidays.