Swift check in, excellent room cleaned daily, most staff very helpful and polite, excellent bar service, great pool area. We paid £650 each for 9 nights including flights and transfers so for the price it was okay but we would not go back. The hotel is just a little bit too far from any life and out of the way a bit.
The food was repetitive and as a vegetarian my choices were limited to salad and vegetables. If they added some actual dishes to the vegetarian section like veggie lasagne, veggie moussaka, etc or even just some hot cheese sauce and lentils or mixed pulses I could have eaten better instead of eating elsewhere to break the monotony. Breakfast was beans on toast everyday with tinned tomatoes but I got excited when I saw mushrooms one morning then realised they had swapped the tomatoes for them, why they did this I don't know especially when they always had fried, boiled and scrambled eggs on the same day.
Toilets in communal areas although spotless had strange locks at the top of the doors, if you are short then you will struggle to lock the door and you can not tell if the cubicle is occupied from the outside. When inside the cubicle people are pulling the doors (as they strangely open out wards) to see if they are vacant and I worried more than once the lock would give way exposing me!!!
The hotel is on the beach front but sun beds are pricey and it is a fair walk to any action, it took us 40 minutes to get to the main centre. That said the bus stops outside the hotel and it is 10 minutes to the train station so probably better for a quieter holiday.
There was a lack of party atmosphere considering it was Christmas, just one small tree in reception. The gala meal was at 1pm which was just too close to breakfast and should have been later or in the evening. New Year's Eve was very flat, again no atmosphere and the bar stopped the all inclusive at midnight Spanish time. This should really have been extended for another hour to see in the British New Year as the hotel put the emphasis of celebrating it, this caused some bad feeling amongst guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Onthebeach, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain