“Really, really very good!”

Marconfort Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Visited for a long weekend and was certainly not disappointed. Excellent choice of food including a separate pizza and pasta bar and something new to me, a kebab offering! Which, incidentally, my companion said was fantastic. Rooms were clean, staff were friendly (my friend had forgotten to pack a UK to Spanish mains adapter and reception were good enough to loan her one). As other reviewers have said, the hotel is very close to Malaga airport which is an enormous plus and the beach is a short trot over the Paseo Maritimo. Lots of nearby bars/restaurants if you don't want to do 'all-inclusive'. If you're wondering why the rating wasn't 'Excellent' I must confess to a very tiny niggle - even if you're not intending on taking your drink to the pool area from either of the bars and if your tipple is a pint of lager then you have no alternative but to have a plastic 'glass' - which, although I can fully understand the concerns, is a bit OTT when all you want to do is sit in the bar and have a beer. Oh, and the evening entertainment wasn't great but then again, I wouldn't expect it to be in early March so my rating doesn't reflect this. Would I go again? Oh yeah!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms probably sunnier.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terry A
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Terry A:

Thanks for sharing your opinion and for your kind comments.
It is a pleasure for us to know that their stay in the Hotel was like.

Opinions, as well as suggestions, always taking good note and work in order to achieve the maximum satisfaction of our customers are very important for us.

We hope to see you again by the Hotel and greet you personally.

Best regards.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Although I only stayed one night (All Inclusive, the last night of my holiday), but I wish I had stayed more.

The staff were very friendly and it was always service with a smile :)

The view I had from my balcony was stunning! Depending on which direction I looked I had a sea, town, and mountain view all rolled into one.

The friend I went on holiday with had warned me that they had had an outbreak of some sort in the past which left lots of holidaymakers very ill......however, I could not fault the cleanliness of the hotel, it was exemplorary! There were hand sanitizers all over the place and a member of staff was making sure everyone sanitized their hands before entering the restaurant. My room was spotless, with the bathroom having been taped up when it was cleaned.

There looked to be PLENTY of activities to partake in, unfortunately I didn't have to time to do any.

The location was a long way out of town (about €8 in a taxi), but if you were happy being surrounded by mountains and having the beach on your doorstep (which I was), it was perfect!

Thank you for a lovely stay, and I'm sure I will return on the near future! :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom F

Dear Tom F:

Thanks for sharing your opinion and for your kind comments.

For us would be a pleasure to have you soon of new in the Hotel for a stay longest and who will enjoy our facilities, gastronomy, activities, without forgetting, the warmth of our staff.

For your peace of mind and all our visitors I commented that the information given about the outbreak, it was punctual, already in the past and nothing there is any risk, all thanks to processes of plan of quality and hygiene we daily at the Hotel.

I hope to greet you personally on your next visit, being at your disposal for your needs.

Best regards.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just got back from a relaxing week here .the staff were all friendly .food and drink plentiful and lots of variety .you could even get a omelette cooked in front of you .the entertainment was superb with different acts on every night in the magnum bar .yes the bedroom walls are thin but most hotels are like that however if you like a soft bed this hotel was brill for that .sadly it was too cold to use the outdoor pools but we did go in indoor pool I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a all inclusive relaxing hotel at the far end of the front

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sima46

Dear Sima46:

Thanks for sharing your opinion and for your kind comments.

For us it is a satisfaction to know that our customers have felt comfortable and happy in their stay in the Hotel.

Thanks to the opinions of our customers, that we serve and help a lot to continue working to improve and meet the expectations of customers.

We hope to have them back in the Hotel and greet them personally.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

could not fault the food, all inclusive drinks , service and the daytime activities I cannot comment on the evening entertainment because the artists did not start the show until 10 pm , which after a full day is a bit too late for us When I do return I would ask for a room with a pool view which gets the sun on the balcony most of the day, I stayed on the opposite side which is in shade all the day and was too cool to sit on the balcony and because this high rise hotel is built to typical Spanish
standards the walls are paper thin so its pot luck what quality of sleep you achieve , to lessen the chances of having a noisy evening I would contact the hotel prior to arriving(which regular guests do ) and ask for a room on the top floor (10th) or near with a pool view and which is as far away as possible from the 4 central lifts ,because some rooms are only feet away from the lifts with only a door between and the noise of people saying their "good nights" goes on well into the earl mornings

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank krpb

Dear Krpb:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

It is a pleasure for us that has enjoyed their stay in the Hotel.

We understand that after a long day not has been able to fully enjoy our nightly, but try with that schedule that all customers can enjoy them coinciding with the end of the dinner, although before each show, and from 20:30 h every day offer different entertainment options.

We'd love to assist you again and from here I put at your disposal so that on your next visit to try to meet your request of room, which provided that the availability permits, we will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We visited the marconfort beach hotel for a long weekend in the sunshine from 7th - 10th march with our 4 year old daughter. We booked this as a bit of an escape from the winter blues and we were not disappointed! The hotel is ideally located for a short break as its only a few km from the airport (less than 10 mins in a taxi) and is right on the beachfront. We stayed all inclusive - which was fantastic value for money and the food and drinks were all of a good quality (I am very fussy!) and there was always a varied selection to suit all tastes at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The mojitos were amaaaazing!! The hotel is immaculately clean (a little dated - but still very stylish in the lobby and public areas and has plenty of facilities including a heated indoor pool and jacuzzi which we made full use of as in early march it was still a bit cold to swim outside (although the outdoor pools looked lovely) and we certainly managed to sunbathe and came home with a tan. The entertainment is average hotel entertainment but still great fun and a lot of effort is put in by the animation team. The staff were the friendliest, loveliest people and went our of their way to help. The man who checked us in and out was super helpful as we arrived quite late and made sure we made it to the restaurant before dinner service ended. The bar staff were cheery and polite and so were the restaurant staff and hotel maids, who worked tirelessly to keep the hotel spotless. Our room was spacious, clean and bright with a lovely view of the ocean. It was a little basic, but very comfortable and for the price we paid it was exceptionally good value. There are quite a few little
bars, shops and restaurants within walking distance and lots of play areas for children. Torremelinos Itself has many attractions for families but unfortunately we weren't there long enough to visit any. We would definitely return!! Thank you for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank KirstyKhamverdy

Dear Kirsty Khamverdy:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We are pleased that your vacation and Hotel have been to his liking.

As he says, we are in a wonderful and well connected area.

Marconfort works every day in order to offer the best quality and variety to our customers, as well as to overcome the expectations of our visitors, always with a good ratio of price and quality.

We hope to have them back by the Hotel and greet them personally.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

stayed here for 4 nights and couldn't fault it. located next to the beach. got welcomed in nicely by smiling receptionists. the verity of food is just fantastic and is so tasty. huge verity of drinks available from the bar. and the entertainment is very fun. activities like French bowls, rifle shooting, pistol shooting, killer darts and pool and much fun. with entertainment every night. a quiz and bingo with prizes and a act like magic act, dancers, singers. the room was fantastic. cleaned daily.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank hindson369

Dear Hindson369:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

For us it is a pleasure to have fully enjoyed your vacation, this is our objective work diary, making our customers happy.

We hope to have them soon back at the Hotel and greet them personally.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I visited this hotel last October with my sister, I havent written a reiview about this before as most people agree that is well worth visiting but when i read people moaning about the food, the staff, and the hotel rooms etc I had to have my say, I enjoyed the experience so much I am returning at the end of May with a friend of mine for a week and really cannot wait i cannot find a single thing to complain about, so the people who do complain you are better of without them. they want 5 star luxury but paying very little, so take no notice of the moaners out there and give this hotel a chance I am sure you will not be dissappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank maureen d
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Maureen:

Thank you very much your words and comments to the Hotel.

For us, all opinions are important and we always take good note to improve day by day.

Fortunately, thanks to the daily work to improve and make comfortable stay of our customers, we remain with a good grade of quality in the different ranking and we will continue striving always keep improving.
Tell him that we look forward to you on your next visit in May and greet you personally.