Overall, we were a little disappointed with our stay, but not enough to spoil our holiday. We both suffered for 48 hours with some bug going around, but we were prepared with appropriate medicines.The management are trying hard with lots of cleaning etc.
On the hotel itself, it is some way short of 4 star, and has a bit of a seventies Spanish Hotel feel to it. Our sheets were not changed in 7 days, but the rest of the room was well cleaned, with fresh towels daily.The TV channels were rubbish, with only CBS Action, and surprisingly Al Jazeera providing the news. We had to watch the World Cup matches in spanish, or go out to another bar.Another thing that all our previous 4 star hotel holidays have had is pool towels. This should be a must for what we paid. the pool area itself was a bit grubby, with a greasy tide mark round the plastic edge of the pool, probably sun cream from the swimmers. Each morning, there were still a few fag ends, and used drinking straws here and there from the day before. They swilled the area down each evening but no evidence of disinfectant or brushing down.
The gym facilities were poor with old fashioned equipment and the outdoor mini golf and table tennis were laughable with 2 foot of grass growing under the table.
The food and drink were fine for us too, and the entertainment was OK, especially the Four Tops tribute band. The strangest act was a kind of illusionist, with two assistants doing acrobatic tricks. The red full length lycra trousers he had on were amazing on a 120kg man.
The hotel is in a good place close to the beach, and we were only disturbed once by the late night music from a nearby beach bar. I would not recommend this hotel, especially for younger guests, and I think many of the guests who return time and again, are acting on sentiment, remembering this hotel what is was like in years past. I really think it needs to move with the times, get a makeover of the public areas, and then it might shine as a 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is located on the promenade in Torremolinos and is known for its excellent all-inclusive. It has three outdoor pools and direct access to Playamar beach. The guestrooms are bright and spacious, with panoramic views and a furnished balcony, as well as bathroom with hairdryer. It also offers a satellite TV with international channels, a safe for rent and free WiFi access. The resort features a wide range of daytime and nighttime entertainment. It has a poolside terrace with loungers, a gym, a heated pool, and a sauna (open seasonally). It also has a playground, a game room with billiards and darts, mini golf and free bike rental. The buffet restaurant offers a great variety of specialties like an Italian corner, a kebab corner, international cuisine and live-cooking show, as well as an adult only area. The hotel also has two more bars, one of them besides the pool. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, and the hotel has a tourist information desk with tour bookings and car rental. The hotel is one mile from city centre and only three miles from Malaga airport. It also offers car and bike rental, plus free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Onthebeach, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marconfort Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Torremolinos
- Beach Club Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Beach Hotel
- Torremolinos Beach Club Hotel
- Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos
- Marconfort Beach Club Hotel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain