“great time” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
uk
“great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

very nice hotel, room clean fresh towels every day friendly staff ,food was good plenty of choice, if you have a sweet tooth this is the place for you i have never seen so many puddings to choose from,we stayed 7 nights and had a good choice every night,really cant fault the food entertainment every night,for everyone, the pool area was looked after well.now the not so good points check in was a bit of a nightmare one guy did his bit then went off to the next guest i had asked for a room safe he did eventually come back to me not good.the dreaded bug spoke to 2 people that had suffered with it they said they had been ill for 2 days thankfully we were ok the only thing we didnt do was use the pool mmm i wonder .

Room Tip: 5th floor side sea veiw not too noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wildwoman
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Wildwoman:

Thanks for sharing your opinion as well as your deference in choosing us for your holiday.

We are pleased that your stay be of your liking and that you enjoyed our amenities and services.

We take good note of your comments, and as always thank you to share your experience at Marconfort, thanks to your feedback we can continue to improve and offer our customers a comfortable and happy holiday.

We hope to see you again, we will be happy to greet you.

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Essex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a well located, well priced friendly hotel. The staff are helpful, rooms are average but okay, entertainment is good and the beach is lovely. However, they need to sort out THE BUG. I have never seen so much cleaning and sanitizing going on but still people continue to fall ill. We are a family of five and our two teenagers were violently ill on holiday and I had the unfortunate experience of getting the bug on the day of our return journey home. Just about made it on the flight! My husband then went down with it as soon as we got home. This hotel has so much potential but sadly until they get the sickness/diarrhoea resolved it will not be one to reccommmend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bibbia14
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Bibbia14:

From here, we want to take this opportunity to clarify doubts and comments about what you called problem with bugs, deeply regretting that coincidentally with your stay you have suffered some stomach discomfort.

Our Hotel, as well as strict compliance with safety and hygiene standards marked by Spanish law, we have a British external company that controls and audits every day everything related to these parameters, which include the control and test raw materials, food processing, as well as control of the staff of the hotel, There is no alert or anomaly in no time satisfactorily fulfilling all the required parameters, and thus we know in the corresponding reports.

We reiterate our apologies for not having enjoyed all your holiday, and we'd like to see you again to greet you personally and help you spend a memorable Marconfort.

Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived on July 4th 2014 and ate dinner at the hotel that evening at 21:30 by 08:30 I had awful pains in my tummy and was violently sick and then had the runs, I asked the cleaner for more bottle water, however she said I could not have any and needed to go down stairs to get some, I was so ill and couldn't make my way down stairs, I then phoned my friend who was by the pool side to ask her to go and buy bottle water from the kiosk outside of the hotel which opened at 10:00 this bug lasted 48 hours. The location of the hotel is fabulous and the rooms are spotless, however there is definitely something lurking as previous reviews commented on the bug I thought maybe this was exaggerated, however experienced it myself, people were sick around the poolside too. This hotel needs to have a deep clean as they do in hospital wards and hygiene levels and storage of food looked at. I always post reviews on trip advisor, providing people with an honest opinion.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
4 Thank anghger
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Anghger:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We deeply regret that coincidentally with their stay had an ill feeling, I have read your comment and I want to tell you, with all my respect, that accuse this way or send this scary is when less severe, I mention this because the Hotel, and you can check it by customers, has within its strengths extreme cleaning, in addition to external company that audited all matters relating to safety and health, as I also want to let know you that we have daily more than 600 customers in the Hotel which made all your meals and drinks in the Hotel, This means that if you were to occur that you claim so severely, we would have a considerable number of cases and feel that if this is the case the Spanish authorities are very severe in the monitoring of establishments that do not meet the standard, fortunately is not our case.

I reiterate that we respect your opinion, while we regret that it has not fully enjoyed your stay, and sincerely tell you that our main objective is to work for the welfare of the client, and above all to monitor at all times to satisfy standards firmly and with the corresponding records as well confirm it.

We hope and we wish to see you again, we will be happy to greet him, at the same time to be at your disposal to answer any questions as to help make your stay a happy memory.

Dunfermline
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent a long weekend here at the end of May. Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, rooms were clean but not four star, at the quiet end of town and the beach was lovely however the food really let the hotel down. Breakfast was o.k. But dinner was repetitive and not a lot of choice. The air con was not always on in restaurant which made it uncomfortable. The food was not covered which attracted flies etc which put you off eating it. On the plus side there was an adults only eating area. Pool area filled quickly but the beach which was directly across the road was great.

Room Tip: Beach view room a must.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AngieDunfermline
wolverhampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

nice hotel,clean,decent food.located across a road from the beach but far end away from the town centre.bus stop right outside so easy access to town centre and surrounding areas.nice pool and pool area.only downside for us was the room it was clean but we were on the wrong side poolside rooms are a must sun all day.staff were helpful.easy transfer from Malaga airport.good break would go again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alfanella
Dalgety Bay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'll get straight to the point - whether or not you fall ill seems to be a game of chance that I'll never willingly play again. We keep pretty much to ourselves, but one of the few topics of conversation that others raised with us was "the bug".

We were careful to always choose food that was bubbling hot (one side of the serving area always seemed to be hotter than the other), we used all the sanitisers, checked our glasses/plates etc were clean, but still my wife, my son and myself all lost nearly three days of our holiday.

None of us have ever had anything like this on holiday before, and we have even visited the other Marconfort Hotel just up the hill, near the city centre. If one of us had fallen ill, I'd have said it was unfortunate, but for all three of us to be so wiped out was horrendous.

Once you've been affected you lose all appetite or desire to eat in the restaurant. The smell of cooking wafting through into the foyer turned our stomachs after being ill, rather being tantalising as it had before.

I've given a poor rating, rather than terrible, despite feeling we lost nearly half our holiday, as I really can't put my finger on what caused us to fall ill. The hotel is clean, and the maids were determined to get in to clean once I'd reported my family falling ill (at 3.30 am, when the receptionist simply noted our room number and circled it on a pad of paper containing several other room numbers similarly circled, before giving me toilet paper and fresh towels in a seemingly well rehearsed manner).

The food seemed to be well cooked and of good quality, and the drinks were fine too. An earlier review mentioned avoiding ice, so perhaps it's as simple as that, but again, I've always taken ice wherever I've been on my travels, and never once have even one of us suffered like that.

Staff also bring my score up, as they generally are very friendly and efficient. But frankly, I will never go back. I still have stomach pains nearly a week later.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gary D
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

never seem to be disappointed nowadays, good room, great food, great bar service great dining room service, splendid staff great way to enjoy a week just chilling and enjoying the weather, another gin & tonic please .
hotel was full of Spanish pensioners which all added to the holiday experience

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank edmund w
Antonio R, Duty Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Edmund W:

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and expose your Marconfort experience.

It is a pleasure for us to know that our customers have enjoyed the stay and that through our services and facilities they have felt comfortable and happy.

We hope to see you again soon, we will be happy to greet you. Thank you for your courtesy in choosing us for your holiday.