Just back from a week in Sol Principe. We were blessed with the weather and only a short trip from the airport to the hotel, about 10 mins. As far as location you goes you can't do much better then this hotel. You have everything you need on your doorstep. The beach is literally outside the hotel gate and you are within short walking distance to a great selection if shops and restaurants.
The hotel itself has a Flinstone Theme though nothing going on when we were there as it was still a bit early in the season and this doesn't really begin until June.
There is nightly entertainment both inside and outside so always something to do. The pool area is just fantastic for the little ones. My little girl (3) spent all day in there enjoying the slides.
The pool area is gorgeous. They have a huge lagoon style pool.
The pool bar wasn't open at this time of year, though the Flinstones restaurant was open serving food and drink, it is quite pricey though, and for the sake of a short walk along the front promenade you can eat for a fraction of the price.
The rooms though a little dated were spotless and the cleaning staff very friendly and accommodating. As the little one was sick we required our room cleaned daily and this was no problem.
The hotel staff including waiters and bar tenders were all very friendly and helpful.
We booked half board so ate breakfast and dinner in the evening. We always go half board on holidays and I am sorry to admit that this food was of the worst standard I've ever encountered. Unless you want to eat salads and fruit which is what we had to revert to for the final days of our holiday, everything seems to be fried. Now we are not fussy eaters and easy to please when it comes to food. I am a vegetarian and while there was a great selection of veg they all seemed to be deep fried. Deep fried meat, fish, veg even potatoes. There was a great selection of salad etc but you don't want to eat this all the time. Breakfast I suppose was OK as there was cereals, breads fruits etc. Then there was bacon, sausages, eggs oh and fried potato.
Apart from the food I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a holiday but advise they go self catering. There are self catering apts that share the hotel, pool grounds and this is what I will opt for next time round.
Great hotel for families and couples alike. Excellent location with friendly helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Príncipe Hotel, is located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right on the beachfront with direct access to the promenade, to the beautiful Playamar Beach and numerous bars (typical restaurants on the sand) specialized in "fried fish." 27,000 m2 of facilities make Sol Principe a spectacular hotel with day and night activities for children and adults; ideal for family vacations. The rooms of different categories with magnificent views of the sea or to the Spectacular Caribbean lagoon-style swimming pool surrounded by exotic gardens. Air conditioning, LCD TV 43", Safe (*), Mini fridge, hairdryer and a large furnished terrace (table / chairs); 4 swimming pools for adults (1 indoor) and 1 for children, Solarium and hammocks; different dining spaces, beauty salon; Wireless internet access (free) throughout the hotel, fitness, live music. also has 14 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 750 people. (*). Adapted for disabled guests, private car park (*). (*) With charge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, Booking.com, Melia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Principe by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Principe Torremolinos
- Sol Principe Hotel
- Hotel Sol Principe
- Sol Principe By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain