“Very Rude barstaff and waiting staff not much better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sol Principe

and 1 more site!
Sol Principe
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
“Very Rude barstaff and waiting staff not much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have just returned from a 12 night stay at this hotel and I would no recommend it to anyone the hotel is so clean and perfect looking but the barstaff and restaurant staff are so ignorant they ignore you when you are waiting to be served at the counter happy hr is a joke all the staff are so grumpy looking going round the place they should call it sad sour hour, the rooms are perfect the pool is perfect the reception is perfect all is good but for a hotel that expects guests to return they have just put me off coming back to stay there . We had a group of 25 staying in the hotel and we would not return !!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Cutche
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Hello Cutche.

My name is José Fermín Gómez. I am the general manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. İ feel however, that it is a shame that you did not bring any this issue to my attention during your holiday. The management and the Guest Experience are around daily to handle any concerns and rectify any problems.

The comments concerning a poor staff attitude from some of our bar and restaurant team are certainly not the standards we normally achieve (as you will see from many other reviews). It is particularly dissapointing that we have not provided our normal standard of service to you.

I do not want to lose hope to have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back again, and we will keep working hard in all aspects for our guest’s satisfactory and really enjoying Sol Principe hotel and vacation. Because our main objective is to offer the best service to all our guests, and reach your expectations about an enjoyable and unforgettable holiday.

Sincerely

José Fermín Gómez, general manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just got back from a HB weeks holiday in the Principle. Stayed in the family room with sea view. Super sized room with wrap around baloney. Very Clean through out.

Food in general was very good : There was a small section of the food service dedicated to fresh pizza making/ hot dogs and burgers/ pasta, fish fingers. This was available every day. Even though my little girl doesn’t like burgers hot dogs - the fresh pasta and pizza went down a treat.” good thinking to the chef" as for the main food it was really good selection everyday. The salads and fruit selection were great.

The pools: Excellent all pools and pool area were clean. The sunbeds were clean- and I must say the pool management team kept on top of sun beds - there were always sunbeds available.

Reception Staff- very polite and prompt.

Only downside - we had a 7.30am flight so we arrived at the hotel midday: Our room wasn't available until 2pm. We were told if you had phoned and let them know - then your room would have been ready. Something to bear in mind next time.

Would I stay here again.. YES YES YES.

Room Tip: Always go for the sea view option - as these are located in the updated section - well worth the ext...
1 Thank Moira A
Hello Moira A.

My name is Jose Fermín Gómez; I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel. First of all I would like to thank you very much for giving us your review and thanks for having chosen Sol Príncipe for enjoy your holidays. We are very pleased that you liked our hotel and you really enjoyed your family room sea view, food, and all our pools.

Considering your comments about your registration, I would like to tell you that check in time is carried out from 14:00h onwards in our hotel, although, we always try to work as fast as possible for the convenience of our guests.
We would like to see you again in our hotel soon.
Sincerely José Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Príncipe.
Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

we went to this hotel for 12 days with a group of 25, we stayed in a room on the third floor, it was peaceful for a week and a half in our room, but then a family moved in next door and it was then we realised how thin the walls were, we then had to listen to a crying child during the nights. Corridors were also loud for most of our stay. We were half board, and did enjoy the food, there was plenty of it, some of the staff were friendly in the restaurant, but the bar staff were rude and unpleasant, they seemed to think that a tip should be giving regardless to their bad attitude, the pool was excellent as were the fitness instructors, I did the Zumba, Salsa classes, Aqua Aerobics and the Spinning classes. The rooms were always cleaned brilliantly, I think Susanna was responsible for our room , there was always a smile from them and a hello. In general the hotel is very clean. The entertainment is good if you have small children, there is nothing for teenagers, there is a disco bar, but this is over run with young children even after half eleven, twelve. There should be an age limit past the hour of eleven. Overall it was a good holiday, but unfriendly bar staff wont encourage me to return again.

1 Thank CarolineAnn67
Hello CarolineAnn67.

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you having taken some of your valuable time to give us your review about your stay on Trip Advisor.

I have carefully read your comments about your rest in our hotel, what impressions the hotel left for you, what you liked and what made you disappointing. I am very sorry that you had such noisy neighbors, who a little disturbed you during your stay.

I am very glad that you liked and enjoyed our pools, entertainment, sports activity and all the benefits of your room (be sure I will pass your nice comments to Susanna, she will be very glad).

That is about the bar staff, first of all I want to apologize if you didn´t like experience. I will pass your discontent to the bar staff and also to the head staff of the bar to improve our service.

Thank you very much for your comments, I will hope to see you again in Sol Príncipe.

Best regards

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for the first two weeks of July. Its a big hotel with huge crowds. The reception area is airy and spotless in fairness. I'll review each bit separately for ease.
Pools: Lovely looking pools, very big but mayhem and unprotected. we stayed for two weeks and after paying over 2500euro i thought we'd at least be able to get a sunbed every day but at least half the time we couldn't even get a bed, thanks to towells being placed on them, never mind one in the shade for my one year old. on numerous occasions I tried to bring my baby to the baby pool but everytime there was big kids playing roughly in it, looked like young teenagers at time. once there was a fat tatooed man lying in it for the day smoking, all while the staff and life guards sit in the shade avoiding work. really really pi***d me off that they wouldn't do anything about it and as a result my child never got to use the BABY pool once.

Restaurant: the food is ok, you will not go hungry. there is a huge amount of food put on at every meal. again the problem is the lack of control by the staff. They aren't waiters, they're just there to clear your table as quick as possible, whether you're finished or not. There is absolutely no comfort. they get annoyed if you don't buy a drink form them. at breakfast I regularly Q'd five people deep for a slice of toast. The restaurant almost forces you to be ignorant and leave your manners at home, I am 6ft4in and I was daily elbowed and pushed by the crowd for food that would be replinished again in a few mins. We were on a half board basis but actually stopped eating dinner in the hotel after a few nights due to the rude mannerless staff and rough crowd. I repeat the food itself is fine and plenty full but you will not relax at dinner or breakfast.

Staff: not once in 14days were my wife or I asked how our trip was or if we could be helped in anyway. They will not make any effort to help or guide or recommend.the restaurant staff would almost take the fork out of your hand. they'd nearly give you the impression that they are doing you a favour by allowing you stay in their hotel.

Bar: happy hour is great, two for the price of one, but it's still probably 3 times more expensive than any bar 2 minutes away. and as my title shows, we were charged for a cup of ice because I wanted a cold fizzy drink in our room, my jaw hit the floor.

Rooms: clean enough, we payed an extra 110 euro to get a seaview room and it was worth it mainly because the room was extremely cramped with a cot. we had to climb over the bed to get from one side to the other when the cot was in the room so a good balcony was a necessity.

Overall: I would not return during high season if i got it for free. There is no comfort, the staff are rude and couldn't care if you're enjoying yourself. The pools are overcrowded and dangerous (I didn't notice at first but my wife pointed out how many young kids had their limbs in casts). The rooms are small and the walls are paper thin.

you won't relax in this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rugrig
Hello rugrig,

Thank you to write such a long review about your experience in Sol Príncipe.
We take note about the items regarding our facilities and service and will study every one of your comments in order to check them. We will learn over them.

Thank you again four your review. We hope to see yo uagain in our hotel.

portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from this hotel and were pleasantly surprised , the hotel is clean and excellent for children , do not go without kids as you will be overwhelmed by children.The kids club is free in the morning 11 to 1pm and a 10 euro charge for the afternoon session.The evening entertainment is excellent and free kids disco is more rhyme singing in Spanish and game playing again in Spanish although they try to cater for all nationalities it's still basically Spanish.
pools excellent, rooms basic and surprisingly no kettle ?

Few tips the corridors are noisy but put a room towel along the base of the door cut out 80%of the noise, sun beds are gone by 9am but they become free again by lunch, buy umbrella and mats for the beach in the shop in the arcade we then left ours there as really cheap and less than the 8euros each for the beach sun beds ,breakfast good .

All in all a good holiday our granddaughter loved it and funny so did we .....

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank troodaki1
Hello troodaki1.

Dear Guest,

My name is José Fermín Gómez, I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel.

Thank you for your a nice and positive review. Any review, any opinion and suggestion of every our dear guest is very important for us.
All the reviews on tripadvisor I always read carefully, study and take note of any information, any opinion which gives us our guests.

You can not imagine how I am glad that you, your family and especially your grandaughter loved and enjoyed in our facilities and especially you really enjoyed our entertainment, children's club, game playing, our swimming pools and of course your room…
I like your creative and effective idea with a room towel along the base of the door against the noise.

It is true there is not kettle in the room. But we work with the company called “push and go”. They have a very dig selection of different useful things for tourists for hire,
like kitchen utensil, for example kettles or coffeemakers. Also stroller, diferrent usful things for kids, bikes, roller skates and so on… How you have this information for your next time. If you wish some of these things you only may come up to the reseption desk and ask about it…

I and all our hotel staff hope to see you again in our hotel. You are always welcome.

Kind regards

José Fermín Gómez. General manager Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Torremolinos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I went to Sol Principe with my girlfriend for our first vacation together, it was a nice hotel with a great location just by the beach.
Great staff and great facilities. The pools where nicely clean everyday and the entertainment at the evenings where enjoyable whilst having some drinks by the poolbar.
The only minus was the accoustic in the restaurant which, when there were fully booked, made it very hard to talk with all the noise from everybody around us.
And the fact that people where alloud to smoke at all meals (off course only at the outside sitting area) wasn't to lovely to sit among whilst eating.
Other than that it is a highly recommendable hotel which we would gladly come back to one day for another lovely and relaxing vaccation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jeper E
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hello, Jeper E.

My name is José Fermín Gómenz, I am the General Manager of Sol Principe Hotel.

First of all to thank you very much for giving us your nice review and thanks for having chosen Sol Príncipe for your first holidays with your girlfriend and entrusted to us your precious leisure time. I am very glad that you made the right choice.
Yes, it is the fact, that we have everything for spend an excellent vacation.

Thank you for your review again. I will hope to see you in our hotel in the near future and we will do our best you always will feel in our hotel like at home

Kind regards

José Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Principe Hotel.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Returned on the 4th July from a week stay all inclusive. This hotel is excellent for families and would definitely return. Both childrens pools and lagoon style pools were excellent. Lots of activities on all day for both adults and kids. Lovely beach front location only about a 30 minute walk along the sea front into torremolinos centre with lots of shops and about 45 minute walk to the beautiful marina in Benalmadena. Food was excellent couldnt find anything to complain about and I am a fussy eater. Our room was on the 4th floor in the main building, there was plenty of room and we had 2 beds and a cot and the bathroom was nice and spacious. Everywhere is very clean and the maids do an excellent job thy are contantly on the go. The only things I could complain about was the time it takes at reception for check in and general enquiries, very slow and a constant queue. Also thought 20euros for wifi for 1 week was a bit steep and it wasnt very reliable. All in all a good holiday and hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Claire S.

Thank you very much for trusting in Sol Príncipe to enjoy your holidays and thank you to writing us about it in your review.

I am very glad that all in all you liked your holiday so much; you enjoyed all the aspects that we have in our hotel for unforgettable, excellent holidays. That you with your family really enjoyed our magnificent children pool and our famous lagoon style pool, our food restaurant fantastic location for explore at your leisure.

Sorry If you waited at the recepction, we asre always workin in the way to speed up the proccess. We take note about you wifi comment.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sol Príncipe in the near future.
Best wishes

José Fermín Gómez. General Manager Sol Príncipe hotel.