“Pick your room wisely”

Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
UK
“Pick your room wisely”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Arrived late and was told we were in the block with 4 floors. It was a glorified prison. Tatty, cramped horrible rooms. Paid for a family room for 4 of us and it had twin beds in a "cell" and two tatty single sofa beds in a so called lounge. In the morning I complained and asked why I wasn't staying in the the main hotel Nd had been allocated the tatty block. I was told I could change rooms for €10 a night. The new family room was so much better, large, modern, clean and spacious. Huge balcony and huge bathroom. The food was OK. Nothing tasted yummy, just ok. My kids aged 11, 9 and 5 all said they wouldn't want to back to this hotel. I kind of agree with them.

Room Tip: New block. Definitely not in the 4 storey block as its old, dirty and dated.
3 Thank boo008
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear boo008,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments I apologize if your experience in Sol Príncipe wasn’t satisfactory.

Do not doubt that we take very seriously all the comments and suggestions we receive.
We will be delighted to welcome you back and provide you our best to make your stay an amazing experience.

Best regards,

José Fermín Gómez. General manager Sol Príncipe Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Booked 4 nights here in April . The hotel was much better than I expected. Situated on the sea front about 10 minute walk to the old town. We upgraded our room for 12 euros so we had a corner room that gave us fabulous views of the sea....to die for. The hotel was clean and reception staff very helpful. There are several well maintained pools and towels to hire. We had no ktchen facilities, so I missed not having a kettle in the room. However, when i enquired at reception even the rooms with kitchens only have fridges and microwave. This seems to be standard in Sol hotels. The only downside was the charge for the internet 20 euros for one week and the glasses at breakfast were never clean. Food at breakfast was ok. Would recommend this hotel for families and those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle but yet near enough to shops restaurants. We visited in April so the hotel wasn`t busy, I am not sure it would be my choice in the height of season. We ate twice at nearby restaurant Bistro Europa... Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room overlooking the sea.
2 Thank jacquio-9
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear jacquio-9,

Thank you very much for trusting in Sol Príncipe to enjoy your holidays .
We appreciate your kind words about your experience in our hotel; opinions such as yours help us to carry on working every day with enthusiasm and illusion.

We take note about your comments, we studied them.

We hope to see you again having another fantastic holiday with us.

Sincerely

José Fermín Gómez. General manager Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Torremolinos
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Its was our first family holiday, my step son had a great time and cant stop talking about returning next year. Lots for children to do inside and outside of the hotel. The hotel room was spacious, clean and catered for our needs. The room was cleaned and made every day. We ate twice in the buffet restaurant, there was plenty of choice and it tasted great. Wish we could of stayed longer.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Steven B
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Steven B,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your Sol Príncipe experience and thank you for your comments about our rooms and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

José Fermín Gómez. General manager Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hmmm, not sure where to start, very happy on one hand, pretty disappointed on the other. Whilst I'm not here to complain, I'm leaving this review so that others like me (2 adults, 2 young children) make an appropriate accommodation choice. The Initial impressions of the Sol Principe were very good. The lobby was elegant and very large and the furnishings of a high standard. We checked in with ease and the lady was very friendly. The disappointment only started when we were directed to our room. We were self catering and were directed to what is clearly the 'old block' (What must have been the original hotel I'm guessing before the new block(s) were developed) and were on the 4th floor. The room was rather strange, no real bedrooms, instead sliding doors to make the relevant divides, a new one on me for sure. The main living area also threw me as the kitchen (for want of a better word) was locked away in a cupboard! We called down and were told that we needed to request a kitchen in advance, hmm, self catering without the ability to self cater, again, a new one on me. Anyway, the kitchen was opened and it is what you would expect for a kitchen in a cupboard, most odd. There was no food prep area, no where to put the clean washing up and no where to put any food. This room could not be any less self catering if it tried. I understand that we are moving to a world of all inclusive (which is clearly what this hotel is geared for) but some of us don't want that, we want to eat breakfast and the occasional sandwich in our room and go off hunting for local authentic food the rest of the time! The rest of the hotel was mostly good, good outside spaces, a few shops, the entertainment was acceptable and the bar areas pretty decent too. Only had a few other issues... the main pools all had signs showing 'no swimming', only the indoor pool (very small) was in theory allowed. I asked and the man on reception said it was too cold at this time of year, really? Seemed ok to me and the rest of the other guests that eventually ignored the signs, the pool was actually very fine! The outside bars and outside stage were never open and my final point is the children's adventure area, it was never manned once and therefore the trampolines and other climbing equipment was off limits, rubbish, my 6 year old girl was very much looking forward to the 'Flintstones adventure playground', instead she got a swing and a very poor slide, not great! As I said, not here to complain, the holiday was great, the hotel just wasn't good for self catering and we were clearly too 'out of season' to enjoy what could have been some more good points to offset my bad!

1 Thank L U
Dear L U

My name is José Fermín Gómez, I am the General manager of Sol Principe Hotel. Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to the hotel. I am very sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We take note, about your comments.
Any kind of feedback is always gratefully received, as it assists me in monitoring the service we provide and helps me seek to find improvement wherever necessary.
I would like to inform you that during winter season we have open two pools, the indoor pool and Miramar pool in front of the restaurant with lifeguard service.

As well I would like to explain you that children entertaintment is available during the high season and bank holidays like you can see in our website.

I take note about the rest of your comments, don´t hesitate we will do our best to improve this aspects for your next visit.

José Fermín Gómez, general manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.
home
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was great until we spent our first night at the bar, drink prices did not encourage us to stay out of an evening they were expensive , I know profit is needed but please this was ridiculous 8.90 for a vodka and tonic, so off to bed we went, then to waken up by music that started at 10.45 at the outside pool venue, at least we Could have been given rooms away from the pool area knowing there was going o be a function on late at night , we have I'd the same money . Annoyed is not the word, I have rung the evening reception who was very rude . I wait to speak to management ?

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank helenbevan
Dear helenbevan,

Thank you for taking time to write a review, and for having your holidays in our hotel. I apologize if your experience in Sol Príncipe wasn’t satisfactory.

As we said when we had the opportunity to talk with you, we are so sorry, We take note about your comments, for us, it is so important to improve our service.

I would like to apologize again and I sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards

José Fermín Gómez, general manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have just returned from a four night stay at this hotel. Room only basis. We had intended staying in an apartment but there had been a problem with it on our arrival so we had to get accommodation last minute. The rooms were basic but clean snd comfortable. The lobby and bar area were attractive and well maintained. The clientele were older as it was out of season but some entertainment was provided and the il divo tribute band were very enjoyable. We had dinner in the hotel one night It was a buffet and very mediocre. The barman in the evening was efficient and pleasant and the male receptionist who checked us in on the evening of 31st march was very helpful and friendly. All in all we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Audreyf261063
Jose Fermín G, Director General at Sol Principe, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hello Audreyf261063,

Thank you for taking time to write a review, and for having your holidays in our hotel. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, and you liked our staff, cleaning, and facilities.

We have, of course, noted your opinion about our dinner service , as it assists me in improving the service we provide.
Looking forward to see you again at Sol Príncipe.
Kind regards.
José Fermín Gómez, General Manager of Sol Príncipe Hotel.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

went to this hotel end of march the staff were friendly and helpful , the rooms were lovely and clean and bedding changed daily , indoor swimming pool which was warm , food was good and fresh , overall we really enjoyed this hotel . if you go to benelmadina on the prom go to the wigan bar were they serve really good english food .

Room Tip: pick a room with a sea view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tony c
Dear tony c,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review and to let other people to know how lovely and friendly is our hotel!
We expect to see you again very soon.
With my best regards,

Jose Fermín Gómez, General Manager Sol Principe Hotel.