First of all I would like to explain that this was the first time that I've stayed at this hotel, and so I can only give a review of one visit. My girlfriend and I have just come back from a 1 week all inclusive stay after it being advertised as suitable for couples and families, how wrong that was. I'll leave some concise good and bad points below:
Good: hotel in great location next to the beach, modern looking hotel, room very nice and cleaned every day, food at all meals was excellent and there was a very reasonably priced masseuse by the pool which was great.
Bad: the dinner hall is ridiculously busy and extremely loud when you're trying to eat, waiters couldn't care less, 95% of the guests seemed to be Spanish families, no room in any pool to just relax as they're all constantly full of screaming children, wifi is an extra 20 euros (although it was decent), 4 English channels on TV which are all news channels, hotel needs another 100 sun beds to accommodate all the guests.
Sorry for the long review but I tried to review every aspect of the hotel I encountered. I would consider staying here again simply because of the location, but it would probably be in off season. Thanks for reading
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Príncipe Hotel, is located in Torremolinos (Malaga) right on the beachfront with direct access to the promenade, to the beautiful Playamar Beach and numerous bars (typical restaurants on the sand) specialized in "fried fish." 27,000 m2 of facilities make Sol Principe a spectacular hotel with day and night activities for children and adults; ideal for family vacations. The rooms of different categories with magnificent views of the sea or to the Spectacular Caribbean lagoon-style swimming pool surrounded by exotic gardens. Air conditioning, LCD TV 43", Safe (*), Mini fridge, hairdryer and a large furnished terrace (table / chairs); 4 swimming pools for adults (1 indoor) and 1 for children, Solarium and hammocks; different dining spaces, beauty salon; Wireless internet access (free) throughout the hotel, fitness, live music. also has 14 meeting rooms with capacity for up to 750 people. (*). Adapted for disabled guests, private car park (*). (*) With charge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Melia, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Principe by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Principe Torremolinos
- Sol Principe Hotel
- Hotel Sol Principe
- Sol Principe By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain