I paid €300 for one night in a suite that on first appearance looked very nice, but turned out to be a nightmare. I stay in a broad range of hotels about 180 nights per year on average and although not terribly demanding, I do have high expectations of service and quality in 4 and 5 star properties in particular. In this case the air conditioning was totally ineffective, the Wi-Fi was useless and so I was unable to work or access emails, the bed was very uncomfortable, the pillows were strange to say the least, the bathroom although clean, smelled badly and the water took an eternity to empty from the bath. These things happen, however, the insult was added to injury when the staff were indifferent, uncaring and dismissive. The manager's behaviour was curt, arrogant and plainly rude. I was told to complain to Booking.com as I had made the reservation through them, although I paid on arrival at the hotel on my credit card. I was offered no apology, sympathy or compensation whatsoever. I would never stay in a MS hotel ever again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- SENTIDO Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain