SENTIDO Amaragua
US$157
  • Beachfront
Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$221
US$181
US$109
US$100
  • Restaurant
US$113
US$108
  • Beachfront
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
US$187
US$163
  • Beachfront
Sol Don Pedro by Melia(Torremolinos)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
US$151
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewspool areasea viewsecurity gatehalf boardstandard roomcourtesy roomcarihuela beachper daydining roomplenty of choicereception staffsmall balconyplenty of sunbedslovely hotelvery clean hotellocation is excellentlots of shops
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice amenities, great food, wonderful pool area and on the ocean besides. This hotel was extremely clean and offered the European charm I was hoping for. It had a reading area, nice bar and sitting/reading area with lots of natural light. Nightly intertainment. there was a tour area set up in the hotel and several times I saw it manned by a tour company representative. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Most had sea views but some had a direct sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda315741
Reviewed 16 April 2014

OK, I've stayed here a couple of times before, so I obviously like this hotel. Seriously, if this hotel was in a mafor European city it would cost you around €700 euros a night, with it's spacious rooms and beautiful huge marble reception areas. It's in a great position. Just walk out the back, past the pool, over the promenade and you're on the beach. No road to negotiate and a plethora of great tapas/seafood beach bars that shock you (in a positive way) everytime you receive the bill. La Carihuela simply has to be one of the most relaxing and cheapest places to spend a weekend away from it all. Wall to wall sunshine in April too and mid 20 degrees C. On this occasion, the missus and I had the added entertainment of a Salsa Week running consecutively to our stay. Whilst I admit this annoyed many of the other guests, it just added to the vibe for me. Salsa by the pool, salsa on the beach, salsa in the lobby. Not that we joined in, it was just hilarious to watch a group of mainly northern Europeans strutting their not so exceptional stuff. Loved the music and the inside gossip too. Anyway, I'll definitely stay there again, Salsa or no Salsa!

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on the newer eastern side. Both sides still good though.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JungleGuy639
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for five nights ready to go after one.
Reception unhelpful, as we were given a room overlooking the hotels service entrance I requested a move. With no reference to any lists I was told this was not possible, in spite of there being many unoccupied rooms.
Two single beds, rock hard we had requested a double.
Onto the restaurant, never had a hot meal always warm due to old fashioned Bain Maries .
The wine and drink prices suited a genuine four/five star hotel which this is not.

I have never made such a derogatory review, but cannot find a word in its faviour.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michaeljheard
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed one night and was given a large suite bigger than many apartments with full sea views and all facilities. Excellent position, area and value for money.

Good choice for breakfast, but the coffee from the machines was not the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was staying at Amaragua since my parents had a room there for a month.
I had a lot of trouble getting wifi to work. But mobile coverage was quite good.
The half board was okay. Lots of different food each day, but in the long run it can be too much of the same.
The fitness room was old and the cardio equipment was not the best.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo