My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Amaragua on La Carihuela for 10 nights from 21st July and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel requires a little TLC in some areas but is typical of this type of hotel in Spain however this did not have a detrimental effect on our stay,
We arrived at 12.15 on Monday but our room was not ready so we went for a look around the pool area and were surprised to see plenty of free sunbeds for the time off day.
0ur room was soon ready on the 7th floor with a wrap around balcony with a full sea view, we had requested a quiet room with a sea view so were delighted, The room was very spacious and a large bathroom with separate toilet, the shower was nice and powerful too.
We complained about the TV not having any power and within minutes the manager had come and sorted it out also when we went out to eat the TV was replaced by a brand new LG HD model! when we returned from the afternoon at the pool there was a lovely tray of fruit and bottled water laid out for us and a note from the desk manager Jose, wishing us a good holiday.
The pool area was small but adequate and spotlessly clean with plenty of parasols etc, the water in the pool was a perfect temperature throughout our stay and and very clean without having too much chlorine and the pool staff were lovely and very hardworking.
The breakfast menu was typical for this type of tourist hotel and very nice with some tasty fresh fruit smoothies! The waiters were all very conscientious and helpful and the dining room was spacious and clean. the pool bar/restaurant was adequate but service was slow due to lack of staff (I presume) so we would walk along the front most days as there was so much choice close by. The maid service was also very efficient and very quick, we would go to breakfast and the room was cleaned when we came back!
The hotel sits on the Carihuela therefore there is no traffic any where near and the area was peaceful and quiet perfect for people watching with lots of very nice restaurants and beach bars eg: Mango, Gringos, La Lagosta, Napolis and more. This hotel is quite literally 10 feet from the beach accessed via a security gate, this part of the beach is maintained by Hotel Amaragua and has a bar service.My only complaint and it was an issue was the very slow and intermittent but usually non existent WiFi which was advertised as free in the rooms, therefore if you need WiFi you have to go to one of the nearby establishments, we did find this frustrating especially as we don't tend to stay out very late and there is only BBC and SKY news available and no other English TV channels. We did a lot of reading via Kindles and couldn't download any new books when we wanted to!
All in all we had a fabulous time here and although we never stay in the same place twice I am tempted to go back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superior 4 star Hotel where the functional distribution of its spaces, with the sea as its protagonist, the decoration, with its strong personality, have all come together to give you an elegant, classical and functional Mediterranean Hotel. Located on the seafront, MS Amaragua looks out directly on to the Mediterranean and the pedestrian promenade of the traditional, infamous neighbourhood of the Carihuela, where the cultural cuisine of Pescaito frito (little fried fish) reaches its maximum expression. Only a couple of minutes walk away is the famous Benalmádena Marina, Puerto Marina. We have 275 rooms; of these 2 are luxury suites, 8 suites, 6 junior suites and 12 superior doubles. Restaurant, snack bar, swimming pool, lobby bar, conference and conventions halls, parking with 217 spaces, big outside swimming pool for adults and children, ample sun terrace, beach with direct access from the Hotel and the spa & fitness centre. 24 hour reception, press, left luggage, bellboy, room service, laundry service and rental service of bicycles, cars and motorbikes. CATERING To start the day, the Hotels restaurant, offers a complete and varied breakfast buffet with panoramic views of the Mediterranean . Enjoy the luminosity and relaxation at the swimming pool Bar La Ola, where Mediterranean cooking fuses with local cuisine and the after dinner drinks at sunset.Mens sana in corpore sano in the Health and Beauty Centre (SPA & Beauty Farm) the Hotel has at your service. The Hotel has on offer for its clients, an indoor climate controlled swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath, gym, massages and an ample array of aesthetic treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Amaragua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amaragua Hotel Torremolinos
- SENTIDO Amaragua Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain