We have just returned from this lovely hotel (7 days) which was recommended by friends. It is ideally situated right on the promenade and a short distance from everything you could need, e.g. local transport, supermarket, cafes and bars. Our only problem was the position of the room.
When I booked on line there was no facility to ask for a high floor - sea view so I e mailed the hotel a few weeks before to enquire if this was possible...... they replied with a standard e mail saying they would try to accommodate our wishes but could not promise. Our room was 161 on the ground floor opposite an electricity supply 'block' adjacent to the connective 'corridor' to the main building. Room excellent but the balcony never had any sun so we asked to change and was immediately put on the 'list'....and would be moved as soon as a room became available, but as the days went by we thought, well, it is really quiet....and as we were out most of the day why bother... so we cancelled the room change. Apparently all the rooms are the same price but I personally would have paid a little extra for the sea view/high floor.
The food was excellent, staff very pleasant and the place was spotless....air conditioning great
The pool is very well maintained and had a seperate children's pool .. although there were only one or two children about....
Entertainment, well, we took a look every night and stayed to watch once....but others seemed to enjoy it so...?
Don't do the organised trips..... the local transport is so good and cheap E 1.40 to Mijas...
Cable car is a must too....nothing much at the top...
We had a very relaxing time and would definitely recommend to all.....and only 20 mins or so from airport!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp and Lastminute so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain