Just about to return home after a 7 night stay at this hotel and as a young couple we have a mixed review of our stay and the hotel itself.
Location- in a prime location within Torremolinos, literally a one minute walk from bars, restaurants and shops. The promenade and the marina are well worth exploring with plenty to do and see including an aquarium. The beaches are very clean, busy, but very nice.
Rooms- although disappointing that we were given a bottom floor room with a view of a bush, the room itself was very spacious and immaculately clean. The air conditioning was good, with a flat screen tv, comfy beds and a large wardrobe which was very helpful. The shower was also lovely and big. The modern decor was very smart and contemporary and gave the hotel an expensive feel.
Pool area- quite large and spacious with a gorgeous view of the sea. Sun beds were always available whatever time of the day you ventured out. Very clean and staff were always cleaning handles and around the pool to eliminate germs.
General service/ atmosphere- although most staff greeted us we didn't feel very welcomed as a young couple and were made to felt quite out of place, which is not desirable when coming on holiday. You want to feel relaxed and valued as customers and we did not. We were not happy that we had to pay for the safe and other added extras such as the spa were very expensive. The hotel attracts many older couples which the hotel only seems to cater for with their entertainment, which was extremely cheesy. After starting to pack to come home, I had also noticed a pair of expensive shoes had gone missing from the room. After telling the staff, although they looked concerned they didn't seem to do much about the situation and repeatedly asking if we were sure that we hasn't misplaced them. For a premium hotel, this attitude is not acceptable. I feel they didn't go far enough in resolving the issue and wondered if an older couple had the same problem would they have been treated with such disregard? We felt often patronised and uncomfortable, although we paid the same as the other guests!
Food- we only ate dinner once in the hotel as stated above we didn't feel comfortable in the environment but also the food selection didn't impress. Although fresh, for fussy eaters there isn't much to eat and is very centred towards other nationalities, not so much the British guests. Luckily there are very reasonable priced restaurants around that we could visit but we felt that value for money wasn't provided.
Overall nice hotel but don't think we would visit again due to the problems and the general atmosphere and lack of a friendly vibe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain