The Riu Nautilus has just been renovated and is looking good. It is in a great location, out the back door and your are on a level walkway then onto the beach. It is surrounded with bars, shops and restaurants. Its internal décor is a lovely combination of grey and lilac. It's not the friendliest Riu we have stayed in but everyone is polite. The bedrooms are spacious with large wardrobes, a mini bar good sized bathroom with party sized shower. Our room was slightly disappointing in that it looked out onto a neighbouring hotel, we were not prepared to spend the extra for a sea view but can confirm sea view rooms did have an excellent outlook. There are rooms facing into the pool, they have the benefit of a partial sea view. This not a noisy hotel, suspect the average age is 50+, with no children. The pool seemed clean, safe and inviting but we never used it, we are always out and about. There is a spa but again we never used it, hotel spa's are always expensive. The restaurant, as usual is buffet with a reasonable selection of foods. We have stayed in several Riu hotels and would rate this as average for food choice. Dining in the evening is over two sittings, one at 18:30 followed by the second at 20:15, seating is allocated for the duration of your stay, we were offered an alternative. A reservation can be made for the a la carte restaurant, situated behind the casual dining area, where the food is not significantly better than the buffet but the presentation table service make the difference. There is evening entertainment but after many years of holiday hotel entertainment they all seem the same and we usually give it a miss, so sorry cannot comment. To the rear of the hotel the coastline has a level walkway in either direction which goes for miles. Leave the rear secure gates and turn right there is a busy marina with loads of places to eat with yachts and power boats around every corner. There is a water taxi that takes you down to Fuengirola in around 1 hour. From there you can catch a local bus to Mijas a beautiful Spanish town with narrow streets and white washed buildings. Turn left along the coast and the area is lined with shops and restaurants. Along the road to the front of the hotel are shops bars and restaurants. We did not find it noisy even with all of the surrounding bars and shops. There is a small travel agent on the corner immediately outside and left of the front of the hotel, we booked three trips, all were run smoothly in air conditioned busses with guides and are significantly cheaper the tour operator trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp and Lastminute so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain