The Hotel's refurbishment has been tastefully done and upon arrival the colour scheme certainly aids relaxation with an airy and spacious lobby / communal sitting / games area. The room we had (145) was large, airy and scrupulously clean. The twin beds were really 3/4 beds and so were very comfortable. Bathroom fittings were good and all worked well. The only "criticisms" of the room were, 1) the chairs were more like dining chairs, rather than chairs to relax and read or watch TV in. A shame as it spoilt our enjoyment of our room. No doubt done to discourage guests from relaxing in their rooms as then you are not availing yourself of the bar and beverage service. 2) Likewise it always disappoints me to find no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms - again no doubt to encourage guests to spend money on purchasing at an unreasonable cost tea and or coffee through the bar service. Personally, this turns us off and we actively look for (more often then not) cheaper nearby establishments with the added benefits usually of free wi-fi! 3) the air conditioning was not available as it was winter, yet we found our room very warm at night.
Food in the restaurant was good albeit a little fish focused but as meat lovers we found something to eat every night.
The spa is excellent, although you have to entre from outside which can be discouraging if its cold and rainy and I agree with an earlier comment, closing at 6pm is too early especially for those guests on late dining at 7.45pm.
The location is good, although the "walk" to the nearest metro station is nearer a mile and uphill all the way, so my advice take a taxi. So if the hotel introduced easy chairs in the rooms, tea and coffee facilities and free Wi-Fi in rooms it would be a great hotel and I wouldn't have any hesitation in going back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos* 3-storey and 7-storey buildings* 2,500 garden* Separated from beach only by the beachfront promenade* 700 m from Puerto Marina* 700 m from various shops* 8 km from the Malaga airport* 100 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Nautilus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Nautilus Torremolinos
- Riu Nautilus Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Nautilus Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain