“Nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Riu Nautilus

Hotel Riu Nautilus
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Three of us spent a week at the Nautilus and could not fault the hotel
But feel Thomson should not have booked us into the hotel as it's set
Up for the over 70s and we are not quite that old.good food lovely rooms
And very clean, the entertainment is grim but I guess it's set for the majority
Of the age group, they have a chair lift at the poolside!!! Found the drinks at
The hotel expensive the drinks outside were still on a par with the UK.
The resort is tired and really very quiet and rundown with more shops/bars
closed than open.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank pimlicolion
Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Last time we visited the Riu Nautilus was April 2013 and their refurbishment was nearly finished. This year everything was in place and we were just as impressed. The staff were just as welcoming, the room was clean and bright and the food was excellent. We were reminded of things we had forgotten like the magnificent walk-in shower and drinks service round the pool.
The hotel is well placed for walks to Torremolinos or the marina and handy for local buses around the Costa del Sol.
The pool is great with plenty of sun beds and, during the summer season meals and entertainment are available outside.
Problems continue to be: awful thin and hard towels; poor disabled access to the pool; mediocre evening entertainment and that early morning rush for the prime spots around the pool (6.30 seems a good time).
However nothing can detract from this great hotel with excellent staff and we will continue to visit and recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are best for access to the restaurant and pool if you are fit. Disabled a...
2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here June 1st for 2 weeks, we have just got back and cannot fault the hotel for cleanliness and lovely staff. Our Room 350 was perfect, our view wasn’t great overlooking the road but we could see the sea to our left and the balcony was big enough to enjoy the morning sunshine and air our clothes on the clothes line attached which proved to be very handy! I know its been said before but there is NO tea or Coffee facilities in your room which is a little odd.

Check in
Was great, easy friendly we spoke with Javier who was lovely and accommodated my request sent earlier over email in Mid May for a top floor on the smaller block the larger block it seems are the bigger rooms and we had the standard room deal from Thomson, Juan the deputy manager gave our party myself, my husband, my parent sa welcome glass of Cava which was delicious.

Room
Our room 350 was spacious, clean and cool. The shower was fantastic and the bed was massive! very comfy I asked for extra pillows on note the flowing morning from our maid Rosa and she obliged the very next day which was good.

Pool
Beautiful, calm and plenty of room although as others have said the bed booking craziness is ridiculous the Hotel do ask for this not to happen but you will hear crazy people running down the hallways from 5.30am to get towel on abed? madness. We always found a bed admittedly it may have been in the more shaded part but this blinds pull back over your had an dyou can easily get your Vitamin D quota! It was very hot when were there and we are both pale so baking all day in the sun wasn’t for us anyway.

Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi
Both Excellent and super quiet.

Spa
I had a full body massage (relaxing) I’d hate to know what the sports one would be like as she was rather hard although it was amazing and I did feel alot more relaxed that day. Very pretty spa rooms and super friendly professional spa therapists - I’m afraid spelling is most likely wrong but she was called Simbra. I also had the Foot paraffin treatment which was very nice and it really did help my heels after all the walking my husband I did the day before in Malaga.

Food.
Excellent choice each night we are both Veggie and we ate loads - our waitress Rocio and Maite (sp) were both lovely a and very attentive I’d practice my Spanish and it was always lovely to see them. I highly recommend the Spanish white rioja Reciente delicious with your meal! Do book te A La Carte its really worth going and its far more romantic for an evening meal than fighting it out at the Buffet.

Trips
We didn’t do any with Thomson instead we ventured out on our own. Malaga was stunning highly recommend the Tourist Bus tour. Fuertaventura was pretty, Mijas beautiful, Our best trip was the Teleferrico cable car at Tilvoli World up the mountain 13 euros each return absolutely fantastic view sand walking when you got tot the top it takes 10 mins and its brilliant.

Top Tips
Ask for the later sitting for dinner its far more chilled and you still have plenty of time to enjoy the bar before dinner then in our case walk to the port after dinner and enjoy the views (takes 10 mins)

El Pinillo Train station is 20 mins walk behind the hotel train is 8 euros return for 2 people to Malaga really worth doing a the trips cost great deal more and when you arrive the train station is dead opposite the HUGE Corte El Ingles department store and the main Tourist Bus stop

Dolphin ferry fun, no dolphins on our trip but very relaxing jaunt out to deep sea takes 2 hours - take sun cream and a hat!

Thank you everyone, Rocio, Javier, Adrian, Oscar, Maite, Fernando, Simbre, Juan (in the bar) and Juan Dep Manager

Room Tip: 350 in the smaller block was very good but with limited sea view
8  Thank MrsG_06
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I have just spent a week at this hotel, we went having been recommended it by a friend at work. We were not disappointed, our room was 509, overlooking the pool and the sea. Nice big room, large flat screen tv and lovely walk in shower, and very clean.
All the staff, work very hard to make sure that your stay is a good one. Food, wide choice with 2 sittings but they can accommodate a change in your choice of sitting.
All the food was very well presented and tasty. Drinks are a bit pricey, but what the hell you are on holiday. Well stocked mini bar, but we left that alone due to costs.
Nothing is too much trouble, free pool towels which you can pick up at reception clean one every day between 9am and 12. There are signs advising that you can't reserve sun beds, but that is not enforced and you will find that all guests (not just the Germans!) are put there putting their towels on the beds.
You will be allowed one free night in the al la carte restaurant you must book it as the food is outstanding.
One small moan, the management limit the air conditioning, although this was not too bad as there is a ceiling fan in the room which does work well, but can be a bit breezy when in bed. Please don't let this put you off visiting, as we would certainly be prepared to revisit.
There is plenty to do in the area with the marina just down the prom, and excellent shops and bars for a cheaper drink. Did not stay in the evening for the entertainment so can't comment on the quality.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank msh711
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my gorgeous girfriend went on holiday here earlier this June. The hotel was fabulous staying in the Annexe block which although I had read bad reviews about it, it was excellent. The food throughout the week was tremendous alongside the in house restaurant which served the best beef I have ever had. My only criticism of this hotel was the lack of charatcer, but this may have been due to the target audience being slightly older than myself (20)!

Overall - Fantastic

1  Thank Lewis G
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We are three girl friends aged between 44 and 52. Most of the guests were 50+ and the vast majority over 60. This was not a problem for us. We wanted a quiet get away and that's exactly what we got.

The staff are extremely friendly and they can't do enough for you, nothing was too much trouble.

The food throughout was excellent, we didn't have a single complaint. Even the chefs welcome you in the dining room with a smile and witty banter.

Our room was on the second floor, roadside and initially we were worried that it would be noisy as we were adjacent to a local bar. We needn't have worried as we all slept soundly all week.

No kids, no rowdiness, perfect!!

Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelnut20
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very nice hotel well appointed on the front right by the sea,easy access to both the promenade and the beach.Staff very friendly and helpful, everywhere spotless. The two sittings for the evening meal was no problem they catered for everyone's personal choice very well.The food in the restaraunt was quite good plenty of choice for everyone,to be a little bit pickey the same fish was on on the salad bar nearly every night,some British sausages would have been nice at breakfast time.Would I go back to this hotel most definitely met some lovely people including a couple from Austria plus quite a few from all parts of the u.k.

Room Tip: Try to book the central area of the hotel
3  Thank pennar