I visited Torremolinos last month for a short break with a friend.
Booked the flights and hotel through lastminute.com, a complete bargain. Read that the Bajondillo Apartments offer free airport transfers. I would recommend you track down the contact details on the hotel's own website (not hard to find) and contact them requesting the transfer, as this isn't automatically included if you book with an outside agent. I did this and there was no problem at all. We arrived in Malaga airport and were promptly greeted by the hotel rep. Transfer from airport to hotel took about 20 mins, very convenient.
Torremolinos is a fairly quiet place, with mainly tourists inhabiting the seafront. Ideal for a nice chilled few days at the beach. Plenty of restaurants serving gorgeous cocktails and fresh seafood (at many of them you can see the food being cooked in front of you) and we would particularly recommend the restaurant directly opposite the hotel Bajondillo, called El Velero, which served lovely fresh fish and paella, top notch cocktails and sangria, and had a lovely atmosphere. The manager recognised us when we came back a second time and was very helpful and smiley.
Plenty of supermarkets and little delis to get your food from, lovely town too, bit touristy, but worth a walk round in the evening.
We also took a trip to Aqualand whilst in Torremolinos, a good fun filled day out, just what you'd expect from a waterpark. Look out at the airport and in the hotel for leaflets offering money off, as it is an expensive day out!
The Hotel itself is right on the beach, in a lovely location. Our room was basic, but clean and just what we needed really. A studio apartment with kitchenette, spacious bathroom and small balcony overlooking beach on a slant. We could actually see a Burger King from our balcony (LOL!) but there was no drifting smell or noise, so it was not an issue.
The room was cleaned wach day with fresh towels.
There were various other facilities thaat we didn't take advantage of, including a large restaurant (that didn't appear very busy the time we were there) and some leisure rooms. The pool was large and at the front of the hotel, with grassy gardens surrounding it. There is a small charge for beds and brollys, but we were happy to lie on our towels on the grass. On the beach (a 10 seconds walk from the hotel entrance!) the sand was crazily hot so we needed to hire beds and a parasol, which we got for 4.50 euros each- I would recommend having a wander up the beach to find the best price!.
The hotel staff were helpful, but not very cheerful. To be fair to them, they were able to grant all our requests easily and all spoke perfect English.
Overall recommendation: Definitely a lovely hotel, affordable yet ideally located. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get away for a few days for chilling at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bajondillo is in the heart of the Costa del Sol and right in front of the beach. All our Apartments have an excellent distribution and orientation as they all face the sea. The atmosphere is peaceful and inviting.Big garden with swimming pool with sun beds, hairdresser, PC with internet access, free WiFi in whole complex, a la carte restaurant “La Brasería”, cafeteria, self service laundry, external medical service (24h) and free Airport Shuttle-Bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bajondillo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bajondillo Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Apartments
- Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Apartments Torremolinos