I spent 8 nights with my best friend at Apartamentos Bajondillo in the begining of October 2011. The whole experience was a bit of a nightmare. First, the room we've got wasn't anywhere as good and comfortable as advertised. We stayed in an apartment, badly decorated with old furniture. The size of the apartment itself was very good but the facilities were not exactly ideal. The kitchen was poorly equiped and we didn't have any of the coffee/tea making equipment that was advertised. The TV had a good variety of channels if you're a German speaker, if not, you'll be flicking from BBC News to Sky News all the time. On top of that, I hadn't seen a TV that small for years. The balcony had a plastic table and couple of chairs. To be honest we didn't use it as all the other balconies were facing us and only about 30ft away. Needless to say we had to keep the curtains closed all the time. And you'll be very lucky if you get a huge balcony as they show on the websites as only a few apartments have them. The wifi signal was weak and we could only get it from the kitchen, it was useless in the lounge and bedroom. The pool was of a good size but in the shade after 1500. Not much space around it and the sunloungers are free but if you want a mattress be prepared to pay 3 euros.
It all got even worse after the second night when I woke up with 43 bedbug bites all over my body. The reception was quick in giving us another apartment (identical to the previous one). They never offered help on moving our stuff or apologised. Well, we never even got a smile from the reception staff to be honest. The only friendly staff were the pool lifeguard and the manager (Miguel), who after a complaint, left us off the late check out fee and reimbursed the money I spent on antihistamines and creams.
The hotel's location is very good. Just a few yards from the beach and only a short walk away from the town centre and restaurants, supermarket, etc.
If I ever go back to Torremolinos I'll definitely avoid this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bajondillo is in the heart of the Costa del Sol and right in front of the beach. All our Apartments have an excellent distribution and orientation as they all face the sea. The atmosphere is peaceful and inviting.Big garden with swimming pool with sun beds, hairdresser, PC with internet access, free WiFi in whole complex, a la carte restaurant “La Brasería”, cafeteria, self service laundry, external medical service (24h) and free Airport Shuttle-Bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bajondillo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bajondillo Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Apartments
- Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Apartments Torremolinos