“Good value”

Bajondillo Apartments
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Torremolinos
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, great location, staff were friendly helpful and very polite. Rooms basic but very clean. We have already booked to go back in October for a long weekend. Don't be put off by the negative feed back well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Bajondillo Apartments

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is right on a beach, close to Torremolinos train station, surrounded by restaurants, cafes, small grocery stores and souvenir shops. It needs repair but for a beach hotel it is still a good value.

No toiletries provided, and no matches and cleaning supplies for kitchenette. You can buy everything there.

Warning: be aware of counterfeit money circulating in that area. We were given fake 50 euro bill in a nearby grocery store the first day there.

Room Tip: Every night they have a show on a terrace with loud music until 1 am so it’s difficult to sleep in r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kis510
Reviewed 29 September 2013

just spent a week here a little disappointing the place needs some tlc a lick of paint and a good update when we first arrived I felt our apartment wasn't as clean as I would like or expect however on closer inspection its just old not dirty the cleaning staff come every day I was a little nervous with the wall sockets a bit dodgy all that said great location right on the beach nice pool but 3euro a day to use a sunlounger what a cheek it may not seem like a lot but when there are 4 of you for 7 days its a lot for this reason alone I would not return here my advice look elsewhere plenty of choice in resort

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishCruisers
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed in apartments in september, found everything clean and rooms cleaned on daily basis. Decent kitchenette, there is table in apartment but we tended to eat on balcony table, pleasant view out to see and next street. Our only gripe was a 3 euro charge per sunbed/lounger by the pool which i found flaberghasting as never encountered this in any hotel i have ever stayed in previously. Luggage room avail for final day of holiday but no shower room provided to freshen up. Overall not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eikez
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed at the Bajondillos Apartment from the 21st - 26th Sep 2013 and I cannot express how pleased I am that we picked this hotel above the others. First and foremost, it has a bright red sign at the top of the complex so for people like me who arrive from the airport via train and walk towards the beach - you cannot miss Bajondillos on this basis.

Secondly, I was a logistical nightmare for the hotel but they were nothing but courteous and exceptionally accommodating at all times. I was an early check in, travelling from a separate destination to my friends, I thought I'd been booked into the wrong room (based on my own confusion) they were very kind in confirming me I was wrong! On the first night in the complex, I lost my phone whilst out at a nearby club - the night staff did everything they could to help, whilst the day staff called the local police and translated for me when needed. I honestly feel like the whole process was made much easier because of how helpful the staff were. On the final day, I picked up a bug from a nearby bar (Ana's - please make sure they pull through the pints when you order, as i'm 99% sure this was why I fell ill!) as I booked my taxi to the airport, one of the staff gave me an aspirin - this really did mean alot to me in my hour of need and rounded off the excellent customer service I'd received. You are in safe hands with Bajondillos.

The rooms were very nice with a balcony, a very clean ensuite with towels provided. The beds were the only downside and the pillows weren't the most comfortable. All rooms are air conditioned, although my friend's room (415) had broken air condition - had the guys have gone down to reception, I'm sure this would have been fixed in no time.

The pool was clean, the seating area was pleasant - you have to hire a sun bed at the cost of 3.00 euro per day, this is reasonable as the beach is 4.50 euro. The beach is just a 2 min walk across the road.

With Bajondillos you are in prime location, you can walk up the stairs to Torremolinos centre or you can proceed to walk along the seafront and sample some of the delicious food at the local tapas bars.

Overall, I have nothing but praise for this hotel apartments. We were a group of 23 year olds and were by far the youngest, but if you're going to Torremolinos out of season, you will expect an average age of 35+. We were after a relaxing stay and that's exactly what we got.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank liviajones
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here recently and I have to say it was great. We had a room overlooking the pool and beach on the 4th floor. The rooms are basic but they do the job. They have a fridge, cooking area and basic utensils. The showers were amazing, possibly the nicest I've had at a hotel. They have nightly entertainment which was always a hit with guests. The pool was always very clean and very well supervised by the lifeguards. The €3 per day per sun lounger and sun lounger mattress worked out brilliantly. I see other people have complained about paying €3 for the day but they are very comfortable and you have it for the whole day, perfect if you plan to soak up the sun all day, a very cheap day in my opinion! The location is great, right on the beach, next door to mini golf and the main streets of Torremolinous with plenty of shops and restaurants. I would most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank holidaygirl890
Reviewed 19 September 2013

the hotel itself was very clean except for a couple of small things that can be overlooked mainly bathroom fixtures the pool was always kept clean the staff were always helpful and the free transfer from hotel to airport is brilliant the holiday was great access to everywhere was close by and day trips organised well the only downside is if you are on an early flight home the entertainment lasts untill 2 am every night and the food in the restaurant wasn't great but was edible

Room Tip: high floors are great less chance of cock roaches we had no creepy crawlies and fabulous view and i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple