I have to admit that this hotel is probably not the best for young couples due to it's fairly family/mature atmosphere but we really enjoyed the peace and calm of the hotel. Our room was 310 and had a really good view of the sea from the balcony and it was reasonably well furnished (the decoration is an acquired taste in truth). The beds are firm, very firm in-fact, which we loved but if you prefer softer beds they can provide a mattress topper.
Bathroom was great with excellent water pressure and while the kitchen was tiny, the fridge was good size and it did have enough cutlery and utensils to get us by. I was surprised there was no kettle though, but I didn't ask reception if it could have one so it may be a one off.
Staff- We loved the bar staff once we got to know them (they are clearly over-worked though) but a special thanks to them as they helped remove a drunken guest who was causing my girlfriend some grief. Also special mention to housekeeping who were just wonderful at what they did and their friendliness. The reception staff were nice although they had a tendency to serve the older guests before us even though we were queuing before them.
The pool is a really good size, as is the open areas but I have to say that €3 for a sun-lounger is too cheeky. The Wi-Fi was free, but dead slow at times.
Location is awesome, you cross a road to get to the beach, the town centre is 5 min walk and there's an arcade/mini golf next door.
I can't comment on breakfast but I can tell you that it's €9 per person and believe me, there's cheaper options elsewhere. The evening restaurant is a grill restaurant which basically serves steak and fish. It was pretty poor really.
Despite quite a few negatives mentioned, I give this hotel 5/5 because for what we paid (€46 per night) we definitely got our money's worth and then some. We enjoyed every minute here and met some lovely people. Excellent value, location and some excellent staff. I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bajondillo is in the heart of the Costa del Sol and right in front of the beach. All our Apartments have an excellent distribution and orientation as they all face the sea. The atmosphere is peaceful and inviting.Big garden with swimming pool with sun beds, hairdresser, PC with internet access, free WiFi in whole complex, a la carte restaurant “La Brasería”, cafeteria, self service laundry, external medical service (24h) and free Airport Shuttle-Bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bajondillo Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bajondillo Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Apartments
- Bajondillo Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Apartments Torremolinos