I recently visited Hotel Puente Real (3rd-10th July), staying all inclusive and it was exactly what i wanted. I went with a friend (2 girls at 18!!) and we had a great time! We didn't pay for the transfers to and from the airport and it ended up being about 5euros cheaper each way by taxi. Some other people we talked to said they had to wait for an hour for the transfer bus to fill up before they even left the airport. We arrived within 15 minutes of collecting our bags.
We had a very clean, spacious twin room. Lovely bathroom and a balcony over looking the pool. Although our shower head was broken and we had to hold it by hand but that was fine. We did hire the safe for the week just for our own piece of mind. It was about 20 euros plus a 20 euro deposit that is returned when the safe key is given back to reception.
As 18 year olds we definitely made good use of the bar! The staff we always friendly and got to know our drink order by the end of the holiday (2 San Franscisos with Vodka)! The pizzas at the bar left a lot to be desired BUT the snacks at the little hut were delicious (especially the chicken kebabs). The ice creams at the bar also go down very well!
The children's entertainers definitely earned their money with activities on all day. The pool activities (volleyball and aerobics) were very popular. The night time entertain was fine but we ended up going out to local clubs (just 5 mins walk along the beach).
The food was fine. I'm a fussy eater and i never went hungry. If in doubt hit the kid's buffet! Breakfast is a bit busy the later you go but lunch time is much quieter. They always provided a nice salad bar and a variety of desserts. The staff were happy to help and liked to practice their English.
There is a huge pool that never felt over crowded. The whole pool area is very clean with music playing most of the day (the kid's club songs will get stuck in your head!!)
The sunbeds. We rarely rose before half 9 so we lost out to those who queued up by the pool area from 8 o'clock. If you were lucky you might be able to grab one or two throughout the day but most of the time they were either taken or being reserved (which isn't actually allowed). On our second to last day we were fed up. We had seen from our balcony that some of the seats had been reserved since 9 but were still not being used at 1. Fair enough if you are going to use a sunbed all day then by all means go down there at 8. We asked the lifeguard nicely if we could throw the towels in the pool, he said no but he did move the towels and moved the sunbeds to a different area of the pool for us to use.
If this fails, the beach sunbeds are lovely. If you use the ones on the left hand side as you look out of the hotel, they are cheaper. There is more breeze on the beach which is much better during the summer as there is very little shade by the pool area.
Overall, we wanted somewhere were we could tan, drink, sleep and eat happily and that's exactly what we found. Its not classy but its a good hotel where you can get a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puente Real 4 **** is ideally located on the beach front in Torremolinos and is awarded with the Q for Quality Tourism. It offers you the posibility to take a rest and enjoy the fabulous climate of the "sunny coast" as well as the Andalousian customs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Priceline, Onthebeach, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Puente Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puente Real Hotel Torremolinos
- Puente Real Torremolinos
- Hotel Puente Real Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain