We returned yesterday from a 7 night break. Bit doubtful before we left after reading reviews - and if we had read them before booking we would have avoided Puente Real..However, Yes the sunbed situation is, to say the least, unacceptable. But look at it through different eyes. The Pool looks much bigger on the website, and struggles to accommodate all guests - but we personally found it hilarious how people started putting their towels on the Parasols and around the chained sunbeds 'claiming' their territory! Hilarious!! So we left them to it and went to the beach immediately across the road every day. Wonderful. Very hot but lovely breeze.....4 days on a towel; final 3days on the sunbeds which cost 4euro each for the day. If only we'd done this from day One - def recommended and well worth it
Back to the Hotel, again, it's what you make of it. Admittedly we went during the Spanish Holiday so evening entertainment very 'spanish orientated' - but why not? It's their Country! You wouldn't expect a Spanish Theme night at Butlins! - We had no children with us, admittedly. For those going with young or teenage Children, maybe best not rely on the Hotel too much for evening entertainment and have a back-up plan. Although it's 'watchable' and girls can have their hair braided and boys can have tattoos...
Maybe a disco for the youngsters would be something the Hotel would consider. Near to the Reception, there is a large seating area from which we saw was hardly used. To introduce a disco here for all ages would go down a Storm :)
The Hotel was, as all other reviews state, clean. Cleaners on the go all the time. Well Done Puente.
The Food was lovely. Plenty of choice, breakfast 8-10am; lunch 1-3pm; dinner 7-9.30pm. Between these times, you can grab a bacon sarnie, chicken, hotdog, burger, chips from the BBQ area. Bit confusing when you order Pizza from the pool Bar...you order, then a bell rings, and you're not sure if it's you're pizza or someone elses. We would rather see a Ticket given and number called out. This is not a criticism, just a comment. Those who have been will understand..
We went when the Hotel was fully booked. The 'Queues' other people have mentioned - no great shakes. The dining area is busy, but not unorganised and chaotic. Grab your plate, get your food and find a table..not rocket science.
We would recommend this hotel. Especially the location. We didn't actually venture into the Centre, but found lovely local bars - just because it's 'all-inclusive' doesn't mean you're tied to the Hotel..i think some of the unfair comments may come from people who get their 'money's-worth' - warts-and-all ;)
As for Rating, some areas 4-star, some 3-star....
Final comment, the plastic glasses around the pool area and likewise the plastic plates from BBQ area - they all seem to go into general waste bins. Given the size of the Hotel, and taking 2 drinks per person each time, the amount of plastic used is pretty thought-provoking. Not that we're ageing Hippies- we're 39 and 44 (maybe old to some :o)
Our comment to the Hotel is - Please, please consider recycling this wastage if possible...
Lovely stay. Lovely food. Lovely beach..and good laugh at those 'sunbed fighters!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puente Real 4 **** is ideally located on the beach front in Torremolinos and is awarded with the Q for Quality Tourism. It offers you the posibility to take a rest and enjoy the fabulous climate of the "sunny coast" as well as the Andalousian customs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Puente Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puente Real Hotel Torremolinos
- Puente Real Torremolinos
- Hotel Puente Real Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain