Myself and my boyfriend stayed in Puente Real from Monday 14th to 21st October and my mum and dad met us there on the Thursday so we had a few days together. We had an apartment and room was fine, no pool view but we didn't mind and we were just a 20 second walk to the pool anyway. Room was very clean so no complaints there and it was cleaned every day we were there and new towels provided each day also. We arrived about 11pm on our 1st night and the hotel and left us a cold meal and bottle of red wine which we weren't expecting so was a lovely surprise!
The hotel is just a couple of minutes walk from the beach which is great and there are plenty of bars and restaurants beside the hotel but it is a little bit away from the main bars but we really didn't mind because it's a nice walk up the strip. The pool is nice but was very cold, you need to be brave to get in and the pool bar area is nice with plenty of seats and bar staff friendly.
We stayed on a half board basis which includes breakfast and evening meal. The dining room is very large but it normally quite easy to get a table although we did occasionally have to queue but not for long. It is a free for all at meals times and can be very busy. Food was great, not sure how anyone can complain about it, there is loads of choice and all very tasty, salad bar is very good and you will certainly not leave hungry! The only bad experience we had was on our last night the four us were having dinner in dining room and were sharing a bottle of red and bottle of white wine which we had bought in the hotel bar. At the end of our meal we has only drank half the wine and decided to bring the rest of it to sit on my mum and dads balcony (they had an amazing sea view) and finish our wine there and chat. As were leaving an arrogant jumped up waiter came and made a big scene and insisted we could not leave with the wine. We tried explaining we had BOUGHT this wine at the hotel bar and of course we were allowed to leave with it. Alot of people were staring at this stage and the waiter called the manager over and we explained to him. He then apologised and let us leave but we were fuming. We are all very laid back but this did put a dampener on our last night. The next day we were still fuming at how unreasonable and unnecessary the whole scene was and we went to reception to complain. The male receptionist was very nice and said that he's not sure why the waiter tried to stop us and of course we were within our rights to finish our wine on the balcony if that was what we wanted and said he would have a word with dining room manager. We were happy with that and didn't take it any further.
So other that one thing we had a good experience and would probably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puente Real 4 **** is ideally located on the beach front in Torremolinos and is awarded with the Q for Quality Tourism. It offers you the posibility to take a rest and enjoy the fabulous climate of the "sunny coast" as well as the Andalousian customs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Puente Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puente Real Hotel Torremolinos
- Puente Real Torremolinos
- Hotel Puente Real Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain