On arrival I was quite impressed as the hotel is right opposite to a lovely beach and the reception area was light and spacious....
Now the room: nice and big with a large balcony and lovely sea view but we were overlooked by the hotel opposite. The fixed shower didn't work so had to put up with a hand held shower attached to the taps, so not ideal. The towels were the thinnest and thread bare towels I have ever had in any hotel. We had to turn the fridge off every night as it was so noisy and talking about noise there is a constant noise from the next door hotels kitchen fans.
Now the pool: I travelled with my 6 year old nephew who was looking forward to swimming in the pool.. It never happened as the pool is in the shade most of the day so is freezing cold and as for sunbeds because the pool area has very limited sun the sunbeds are cramped in one area. We went to the beach most days because of this..
Location : terrible, it is the furthest hotel in Torremilinos from the centre, nothing really about apart from the beach and a few restaurants and bars. The main centre was a half an hour walk away which is ok in the day as you can take a leisurely stroll along the prom but in the evening we would of liked to of gone as the entertainment is so poor in the hotel but it's a 15 euro taxi ride one way so was too expensive.
Food and dining room experience: one word BEDLAM.... Pushing and shoving, people struggling to find tables. The staff in the dining room were excellent and worked damn hard... The food is not good. Ok for salads but the main courses were poor, inedible meats, Luke warm food.. Same at breakfast very poor...
Entertainment: Not good and it didn't help that there was a rock and roll function on so the rest of the hotel guests were shoved into a makeshift tent.
So in my opinion this hotel is no way a 4 star hotel and I would not go back and I would not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puente Real 4 **** is ideally located on the beach front in Torremolinos and is awarded with the Q for Quality Tourism. It offers you the posibility to take a rest and enjoy the fabulous climate of the "sunny coast" as well as the Andalousian customs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Puente Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puente Real Hotel Torremolinos
- Puente Real Torremolinos
- Hotel Puente Real Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain