My husband & I have just returned from a week at the Bel Playa. The hotel is only a 10 minute journey from the airport. On arrival we were welcomes with a cold juice and the reception staff were very friendly. As we arrived mid morning our room was not ready so our luggage was stored until around 1pm when the room was ready. We sat out and had a cool drink while we waited as you are given your all inclusive wrist band on arrival. We had upgraded to a sea view and got what we paid for. The room was a bit old fashioned but very roomy and spotlessly clean. The walls are very thin and we could hear our neighbours but thankfully they were quiet at nights. There was lots of food selections and as I am a very fussy vegetarian sometimes hard to please but there was always plenty choice for me. Our room was cleaned every day to a very high standard. We met many nice people and yes there is a lot of Germans but we found them all friendly enough and willing to chat to us. The hotel is in a quiet location but there is a couple of shops just over the road. We took the train (15mins walk from hotel) into Fuengirola for the day and it was very cheap, around 4 euros for us both return. We also took a day trip to Gibraltar, everyone should do this it is a fantastic day out. We travelled with Thomsons so bought our trip from them. I also used the spa and had some reflexology which was so relaxing and very special, do try it, there is lots of different things in the spa and also a well equiped Gym. The indoor pool was very hot and clammy but the outdoor pool was fine. It is a safe area to walk around and the beach is only 5 mins away. All in all this holiday ticked all the boxes for us. We had another couple with us and they agree this was one of their best holidays yet.There was entertainment most nights but the seating was not good so we never got in to see any off it however it was loud enough that we heard it while sitting in the reception area so never missed out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain