Traveled with a family of 6, grandparents, parents and 2 children aged 6 and 10. This was my first all inclusive holiday and it had some good points and some bad points so I'll start with the good points - massive room and balcony with sea view from the balcony, beer tap located at the customers side of the bar so it was case of serve yourself with very nice cold cruzcampo, exactly the same stuff you pay 3/4/5 euros for in bars all over Spain and you could drink it all day and night if you wanted, nice food in the main restaurant at breakfast and evening meal, a huge selection with something to suit everyone at both sittings and all of good quality and very fresh, the staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly, nice location on the outskirts of the resort and just 5 minutes from Malaga airport in a taxi, my daughter aged 10 loved it as there were loads of other kids her age to play with. The overriding good factor about the hotel was it was very very good value for money, food and drinks were good quality and the rooms and hotel were very clean. Our room was cleaned every day.
Now for the not so good bits - the hotel was really full and mealtimes were a bit of a chore at times, there were big queues especially at the hot plates and you could be waiting for 5 minutes while a variety of different European nationalities faffed about for 4 chips, 1 lamp cutlet, 2 pieces of pasta and a spoonful of paella and then had a quick re-think just to make sure they hadn't forgotten something. We ate in the bar at lunchtimes and it was a self service affair with lots of people dripping wet from the pool especially children mauling the food, it was case of get in as early as possible. We had to go down and put towels on the sunbeds by 9am at the very latest or you can forget getting 4/5 beds together bearing in mind there were absolutely loads of beds around the pool complex, the pool was very busy all day. There is some in house entertainment for the kids, mini golf on the walkway around the pool (great idea....not) and target shooting with an air rifle at a dart board (another great idea....not).
Overall good value for money but a bit too crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 Km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Costa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riu Belplaya
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- ClubHotel Riu Costa Del Sol Torremolinos, Spain